Beauty - Is About Being Comfortable in Your Own Skin, That or a Kick Ass Red Lipstick!

9:00:00 am

baftas 2014, classic make up look, create the perfect eyeliner flick, house of fraser, mac russian red, red carpet, red lips and black flicks, the perfect red lip, What make up should I use,











baftas 2014, classic make up look, create the perfect eyeliner flick, house of fraser, mac russian red, red carpet, red lips and black flicks, the perfect red lip, What make up should I use,








baftas 2014, classic make up look, create the perfect eyeliner flick, house of fraser, mac russian red, red carpet, red lips and black flicks, the perfect red lip, What make up should I use,

With the Bafta's happening tonight it got me thinking, what if I ever had to walk down the red carpet, what make up would I choose?  To me walking down the red carpet would be such an exciting once in a lifetime experience that I would want my make up to be timeless and classic, so that when I looked back at the photographs the look wouldn't be dated or old fashioned.  So what better way to experiment and use some of my favourite products, than to create the look I had invented in my head and share it with you!  I have explained what I used and how I applied it in the order that I used them should you want to recreate this look yourself.  I have also included links to my review of the specific products or where you can buy them if I haven't reviewed it in full.







baftas 2014, classic make up look, create the perfect eyeliner flick, house of fraser, mac russian red, red carpet, red lips and black flicks, the perfect red lip, What make up should I use,

When I thought what  'red carpet look' meant to me, shimmery eyes, black flicks and red lips were the main points, so a bronzed shimmery eye felt like the perfect idea with it coming into summer.  I prime my eyes with the MUA eye primer, which for £1.50 is an absolute bargain and I actually prefer it to the Urban Decay Primer Potion!  The Benefit High Brow is perfect for creating a shimmery base and brightening the inner corner, so that's what I did next just blending with my finger all over the eye.  My Urban Decay Naked Palette is without a doubt my most used palette so I wouldn't want to use anything else for this look. I used the lightest colour 'virgin' all over the lid and 'naked' the lightest matte shade in the crease.  On the inner half of my eye top and bottom I used the gold shimmery colour 'half baked' and a darker shimmery colour 'dark horse on the outer corner also top and bottom.  In order to make it appear really soft I blended with a fluffy eye shadow brush until all harsh lines were gone.
baftas 2014, classic make up look, create the perfect eyeliner flick, house of fraser, mac russian red, red carpet, red lips and black flicks, the perfect red lip, What make up should I use,

I wanted to go for a fuller coverage flawless base but with that lit from within glow, so I started by applying
my Benefit Porefessional to even out my skintone and blur any fine lines or enlarged pores.  I love the look
Nars Sheer Glow gives the skin as it is a medium coverage but very buildable so the higher coverage can be created with ease, a little really goes a long way.  This concealer is amazing for highlighting the under eye, nose, cupids bow and chin.  I buffed this in everywhere that would naturally catch the light.  In my opinion Benefit Hoola is the perfect bronzer for us girls with pale skin, especially when used to contour like I do, its not orange toned like so many bronzers, I love this used in the hollows of the cheeks and to contour the rest of the face.  Mac soft and Gentle is one of my holy grail products and I really couldn't be without it now, I lightly dust this wherever I applied the concealer for more highlight.  I really didn't want too much blush as the eyes and lips in this look are the focus so just a very light layer of the Tarte Blush was appropriate, the perfect pinky nude blush ever!  I finished the base with the Maxfactor Creme Puff to mattify and minimise shine on my t-zone.
baftas 2014, classic make up look, create the perfect eyeliner flick, house of fraser, mac russian red, red carpet, red lips and black flicks, the perfect red lip, What make up should I use,

To finish off the eyes I filled in my brows with my Hd Brows Palette in Foxy, like I always do and have done for two years I cannot imagine my life without this product now, I can't wait to try the new ones when this runs out, I set them with Benefit Speed Brow to keep them in place.  When I imagined this look lashes were a big part so I worked on them quite a bit.  First of all I applied one layer of Benefit BADgal Lash to both my upper and lower lashes to volumise and then They're Real to lengthen and separate, I finished the look by adding a set of my favourite false lashes ever from Millie Mackintosh.
baftas 2014, classic make up look, create the perfect eyeliner flick, house of fraser, mac russian red, red carpet, red lips and black flicks, the perfect red lip, What make up should I use,
Mac Lipstick - Russian Red

The perfect red lipstick, this is the answer to all of my red lip wishes.  This medium-dark red lipstick, with mostly neutral undertones seems to suit my skin tone perfectly whilst complimenting the eye look at the same time.  I think this just completes the whole make up look.  I feel like a more confident version of myself when I wear this, perfect for the red carpet where confidence would be needed.  I will be reviewing this in full very soon so keep an eye out for the review.



To me a look is not complete without a spritz of fragrance, the one I would choose for this look would be Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire.  This to me is the perfect red carpet fragrance as it is sweet and sophisticated without being sickly or too much, exactly how I would wish to come across as a person should I ever get the chance to walk down the red carpet.  It also matches my eye make up and things like this make me happy, I love it when everything matches.

I would describe this scent like a time machine whisking you back in time, to that moment when your standing in your favourite old fashioned sweet shop with a coin in your hand trying to decide which delicious sweet treat you were going to choose.  Should it be the soft velvety caramel that was always Mum's favourite, so you could share the moment with her or did you want a handful of blackberry hard boiled delights to stuff in your pocket, keeping them your little secret all to yourself.  The desire of the colourful sweets in glass jars describes how I feel about this scent perfectly.  It's incredibly addictive every time your hair blows in the wind or your wrists past your nose you want to relive the moment again just like that memory in the sweet shop. Each time appreciating all the well put together notes that create this dreamy fragrance.

So there you have my idea of a Red Carpet Beauty Look, this is the easy part of appearing on the red carpet.  Dresses on the other hand would be a completely different story and a lot more thought would have to go into the outfit on a whole but one thing I know for sure, a little black dress would be my first thought, you all know how I feel about those!

What kind of make up look would you create for the red carpet?


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Oh Genna you look absolutely stunning! Your makeup is gorgeous! I need russian red in my life I think! http://justjulie81.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this makeup look, russian red is such a beautiful shade! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got loads of these products so I'm going to give this a go myself :) You look lovely, going to look on youtube for some contouring tips as I would love to achieve that look xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you look great! As you said the look is timeless but really stunning and stands out in a subtle glam way! Some great tips aswell!

    Jess
    http://owlcrazymummy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Russian red looks good on you
    www.independantartiste.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow red lips really suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Gemma! I've just discovered your blog and I absolutely love it!

    Great post, and I have to agree, you really suit red lips!

    Laura
    Love & Liquor | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk