Why Using Make Up Brushes Make a Difference - Wishlist

3:26:00 pm

Since writing my Why Using Make Up Brushes Make A Difference series, where I went into detail about the ones I use for BaseEyes and Lips, my obsession has only grown stronger.  Whilst I was finding the links to the brushes I had featured, I found new ones that I would love to add to my collection.  Below I will try and justify why I need all of these new tools and brushes.  

Starting from the top left corner where you can see the Zoeva 109 Face Paint Brush, I found this while researching new brands to try and think it will be perfect for contouring with powder bronzer.  The Stand Up Brush Holder and Black Synthetic Kabuki Brush are both from Nanshy, a newly discovered brand that I adore.  I don't own a kabuki and for travelling this holder would be ideal.  The only Crown Brush's that I own are those from the Perfectly Pink collection and as much as I love them I feel that they may not be the best the brand have to offer.  Since reading this blog post from Liza over on Glambeauty's, I am desperate to try the Syntho Deluxe Fan, Liza is such an enabler.  

This next one isn't a brush but a tool, I really want to try the Nanshy Make Up Blending Sponge in order to compare it to the Real Techniques one that I currently use, I'm curious to see if it is different or are all make up sponges the same?  If you read the post detailing my Eco Tools Brush Collection, then you will know I already own the Retractable Kabuki in this wishlist but its so lovely I want another one,  just so I always have one in my handbag and one at home.  Travel friendly brushes are definitely high on my priorities at the moment and having seen so many positive reviews on the Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush, I am desperate to see if it is worth the hype.

Contouring is one of my favourite things to experiment with while I do my make up but I can assure you it is made so much easier with the correct brushes and I think the Eco Tools Face and Body Sculpting Brush would be great for using with a matte bronzer and the Zoeva Luxe Highlighting Brush looks like perfection, I would love to try this with my Mac Soft and Gentle Mineral Skin Finish.  

The Sigma L05 Lip BrushReal Techniques Silicone Liner Brush and Retractable Lip Brush would be the start of my lip brush collection as I currently just use brushes intended for other things, although these work well I long for some 'proper' lip brushes.  

Being completely honest I only want the Real Techniques Shading Brush because I already have the Eye Starter Set and this would match, I am all about having complete sets.  The last two are brushes I really need, I have been using the same brush for powder for over a year now so the Real Techniques Powder Brush just seems like a natural step helping to grow my Real Techniques collection.  Last but certainly not least the Real Techniques Setting Brush, lets just appreciate how perfect this would be for applying powder under the eye to set concealer, I need this brush in my life!

I will just end this post with, goodbye I'm Gemma Button and I'm a Make Up Brush Addict!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I was one of those people who couldn't be bothered with all the brushes, I'd watch youtube videos of people talking about 157's and 286's and I would get so confused! I then bought myself the MAC 187 (i think) haha, and now I use the Real Techniques brushes, I don't know why I didn't use them before now, they give such a flawless finish! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't know there were even so many different kinds of brushes! I have a set of MAC brushes which have lasted an age, I wash them with love and really look after them as they cost the earth. There were some nice ones in Smashbox which caught my eye, do you like those?
    I'll have to take a look online at some of the ones you've mentioned and expand my knowledge (and my stash!)

    Tinuke aka circusmum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there were so many different kinds and types! I need a travel brush really bad and I want to look more into the 2 you mentioned! I also need some brushes for the up and coming season so I will be looking to both your posts for some help to find the right and best ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of brushes on your wish list! I only use EcoTools and MAC brushes now and both are super soft, highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly didn't know there were so many different brushes available - I have a simple no7 set and I love them although the one that I use for my foundation could do with replacing as it has seen better days - I think the one I would like to try is the big chunky one - I think its the bronzer brush great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathan went into my makeup cupboard the other day and wanted to know why I had as many brushes as I did! Lol. How do you explain to a man just how great these things are?

    After reading this post I have added some more to my wishlist and I may even film a video on my top 10 makeup brushes soon :)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the real techniques bronzer brush, worth the hype. I want to try Zoeva brushes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk