Life - Everybody Thinks That a Girls Dream is to Find Mr Right...

3:00:00 pm

















































































The title of this post is kind of correct, I do,but most of all I want to eat cupcakes that don't add inches to my hips.  Unfortunately I have never come across a delicious fat and sugar free cupcake so until then I will avoid calorie counting and enjoy the yummy ones I bake.

I used a basic Mary Berry cupcake recipe and just altered it to make them into my favourite flavour, chocolate.  I created the butter cream recipe myself but it kind of happened by accident as the original recipe I was following didn't work out so I had to add a few things to correct it.  As these were so simple to make, I thought I would share the recipe with you all.

Cupcakes - Makes 12
125g Self Raising Flour
125g Caster Sugar
125g Softened Butter
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Eggs
30ml Milk
30g Cocoa Powder
Milk Chocolate (to decorate)

Raspberry Butter Cream
125g Softened Butter
250g Icing Sugar
12 Raspberries
100ml  Double Cream

Before I start the cupcakes themselves I preheat my oven to gas mark 4 (180 degrees) and line a cupcake tin with paper cases. It should only take about 10 minutes to make the batter so in this time my oven is ready.

I start the cupcake batter by mixing the sugar and butter with a wooden spoon until it looks lighter in colour, then I add the two eggs and mix really well.  Next I sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the other ingredients and mix well with a whisk before adding the milk.  Spoon the mixture into the paper cases equally and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.  After twenty minutes I place a metal skewer in the middle of one of the cupcakes and if it comes out clear they are ready, if not I bake for the full 25 minutes. Once they are ready remove them from the tin onto a baking rack to cool.

Whilst the cupcakes are cooling I make my butter cream.  I used my food processor this time but you can just use a hand whisk or wooden spoon if you don't have one.  This couldn't be easier, put all of the ingredients into the food processor and mix on a medium/high speed until smooth.  That is it.  The first time I made this butter cream I didn't add the cream and it just wasn't as light as I wanted it, the cream weirdly seems to make the texture lighter and the flavour less intense complimenting the chocolate pefectly.

When the cupcakes are completely cool I just decorate using a piping bag and grated chocolate.  Then they are ready to be enjoyed.  Told you they were easy.

Let me know if you try out this recipe!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I really like the look of them. I am normally a muffin girl but I would eat your cupcakes all day long... they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look delicious Gemma, I really want to go baking now, if only I wasn't on a diet. Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! I think I'll bake these lovely cupcakes soon. Chocolate is everything! xx,jo.

    http://fairydustinmymind.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk