Beauty - How to Make Your Own Face Mask

12:22:00 pm

raspberry, honey, oats, cocoa powder,beauty, skincare, skincare for all skintypes, face masks, how to make your own fresh face masks, diy beauty, you are what you eat,

raspberries, oats, honey,beauty, skincare, skincare for all skintypes, face masks, how to make your own fresh face masks, diy beauty, you are what you eat,
beauty, skincare, skincare for all skintypes, face masks, how to make your own fresh face masks, diy beauty, you are what you eat, oats, honey, raspberries, blender
cocoa powder,beauty, skincare, skincare for all skintypes, face masks, how to make your own fresh face masks, diy beauty, you are what you eat,
raspberry, honey, oat, cocoa powder,beauty, skincare, skincare for all skintypes, face masks, how to make your own fresh face masks, diy beauty, you are what you eat,

In my time working for Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics one thing I am really thankful for is my increased knowledge of which fresh ingredients are most beneficial to my skin. I love so many of the Fresh Face Masks from Lush so I decided to come up with my own mask using a few of the ingredients from those, resulting in my ultimate fresh face mask.  My definition of the ultimate face mask would mean it was cleansing, exfoliating, soothing, anti aging, spot preventing whilst controlling oil but still allowing the skin to look radiant with a natural glow.  I know that seems like a lot to ask for in one mask but so many ingredients are known to help with more than one of these, so less ingredients are needed than you might think.

I decided on four ingredients known for their benefits to the skin,

Raspberries, rank among the fruits with the highest antioxidant strength great for anti aging properties when used topically.  They are also known for reducing inflammation, calming irritation and toning the skin.

Oats - an amazing natural beauty enhancer. They soothe and heal the skin, while reducing inflammation. Inflammation is one of the number one causes of premature aging, and while it all starts on the inside, reducing outer inflammation is also necessary for gorgeously radiant skin.  they are also very slightly exfoliating leaving the skin silky smooth without using something too harsh.

Honey - known as a natural cleanser which naturally exfoliates your skin to bring out a radiant and glowing complexion.  It is naturally antibacterial, so it's great for acne treatment and prevention, full of antioxidants which slow down the aging process whilst being super moisturising.

Cocoa Powder -contains antioxidants that work toward repairing damaged skin. This will make your skin softer, especially when paired with other ingredients including honey.  This also helps to absorb excess oil in the skin as it can be very subtly mattifying.

If you are reading this thinking it sounds good enough to eat, you would be correct.  Good for your skin and delicious, the best of both worlds.  I have been using this twice a week for two weeks now and love the way it makes my skin feel and more importantly look.  Immediately after use my skin definitely looks more radiant without being shiny.  This is by far my favourite DIY beauty product I have ever created, i love it even more than my DIY Hair Mask.

What would be the properties of your ultimate face mask?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Oh wow this sounds amazing, imagine it as a cake!
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing - thanks for sharing! Spot preventing and giving a natural glow are key for me :)

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks like so much fun, great do to when I have my mates over. I like things that hydrate and cleanse but will be trying oats in my next facial x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I eat it? Seriously I love natural bodycare and think it really should be good enough to eat if it's going on your skin. I will try this out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Only problem is that it looks good enough to eat....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would actually almost eat this instead of putting it on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good, I am so going to have to make this at some point although I would be really tempted to eat it haha! xx

    Charli | Secrets Behind The Closet Door

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow sounds amazing. I thought it was going to be a cake haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds amazing! I've never made my own facial products but it always looks fun!!

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk