Beauty - Why Using Make Up Brushes Make A Difference - Lips

2:00:00 pm

Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless lip make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,

































Creating flawless make up on the lips is something, that only recently, I have started to pay more attention to.  Using the bullet of a lipstick or the wand of a lip gloss is perfectly okay, although the results using brushes are much better, creating more of a polished finish.  The brushes I use at the moment are those already in my collection, none of which are specific lip brushes.  I am eagerly awaiting the launch of Karla Powell, Make-Up Artist's range of lip brushes for her own brand, Karla Cosmetics  The brushes she will be releasing very soon, are specifically for lips.  I have been following Karla's journey since meeting her at the Lush Redditch Emotional Brilliance Showcase Event, I attended last year, I'm really excited to see what 2014 may bring her way, she deserves all of the success she creates for herself, Beyonce would be proud of this beauty! The teaser pictures from her Lip Art Workshop's on Facebook are indeed driving me crazy, I want them now!

Karla Powell, Karla Cosmetics, Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless lip make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,
Source - Karla Powell Make-Up Artist


Personally I think that the trick to creating flawless lip make up using brushes is all down to preparation of the lips, you can see my step by step what I do and products I use, in My Lip Care Routine.  Lips are always the last thing I do when I apply make up and I start by using any (clean) toothbrush to buff away any loose dry skin.  I then use my fingers to rub a lip scrub into my lips which removes more stubborn dry skin and the scrubbing motion brings the blood the the surface gives the illusion of a plump, fuller appearance.  I then apply a light lip balm and leave for a few moment to sink in.  Once the Balm is completely absorbed I very gently sweep the foundation brush I used to dull down the colour of my natural lips.  You can read more about the Nanshy Brush I use for my foundation in one of my previous posts, Why Using Make Up Brushes Makes A Difference - Base.

Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless lip make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,
Now that my lips are as soft as can be,  they are ready for products.  I start by using The Real Techniques Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush and Accent Brush from the starter set for eyes.  I use these to apply my lipstick of choice all over the lips, I use two to make sure I can be as precise as possible around my cupids bow and corners of the lips.  The most annoying thing about lip make up application are lip gloss doe foot applicators, these are awful to use on top of lipstick, removing any colour and transferring it to the applicator, into your tube of lip gloss.  This inconvenience is exactly why I use my Urban Decay Karma Shadow Brush for initial gloss application.  I use the Real Techniques Detailer, from the Core Collection, with a tiny bit of concealer to tidy up and sharpen around my lips, creating a more professional finish.  If you read my, Why Using Make Up Brushes Make A Difference - Eyes, you will recognise a couple of these brushes, this just proves how versatile the make up brushes can be. 

Real Techniques,Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless lip make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,
Are you like me and use brushes to apply lip products or do you just use the bullet or applicators that come with products?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I've never used a brush to apply lip product, but I rarely wear lipstick and lip-gloss I buy always comes with a brush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to you lip brushes but now tend to wear a lip pencil with lip gloss so havent really touched a lip brush in a while. Looking at all your brushes though makes me want to up my game on the brushes at least.

    www.itsallbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally just use the bullet unless I'm using a super dark colour, or I'm mixing colours - I think that's the only time I use a brush but it's because I'm lazy! Brushes definitely give a better finish!

    Zoe x
    Face Value Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the real techniques one for bright matte lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey. I spend very little time adding colour to my lips. A quick swipe of a gloss or chubby as the final step in my make-up routine is about it! You have some great tips in here though. I love the idea of using a toothbrush and scrub to prep your lips. I'm definitely going to give this a go. Great post! Tracey www.faceupbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golly. I spend such little time on my lips. A quick sweep of a gloss stick or chubby as the final step in my makeup routine and that's it. You have some great tips in here though. I love the idea of using a toothbrush and scrub to prep lips before applying colour. I am definitely going to give that a go. Great post. Tracey x www.faceupbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the bullet or the lipgloss applicator. If I have enough time, I will use a pencil to outline and then fill it in. I rarely use a brush, but I can see why you do, the results are great.

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love using brushes, it does make a difference, your make up is amazing, gorgeous!!!! :) x
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice make up tips and your skin looks absolutely flawless there - amazing!

    Check out my latest posts on the Blog and Happy Easter! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP | Coachella Style Inspo
    RASSP | Contemporary Easter Recipe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must admit, my makeup routine is pretty basic, but I do want to start using brushes more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk