Life - Congratulations You're A Woman, Now Die

11:36:00 am

This is something you will have not seen on here before or on many blogs, talking about periods, more specifically period pain.  It's something that most of us girls have to suffer with each month and something that not many of us talk about, well not anymore, here I am giving my two pence worth.

The reason I wanted to do a post about period pain is because I suffer with really severe cramps on the first day of my period each month.  The only way I could describe this pain is that it feels like there is an elephant sitting on my uterus, yes that bad. Dramatic Gemma at her best off course.  I have came to the conclusion that it is so bad on the first day because I don't suffer any pain for the rest of my period, so I think its mother nature's way of saying 'Here you go have all of the pain on this one day and I will be kind to you on the other days'.  In response to mother nature I would love to ask her why she couldn't, in this day and age just send a text saying, 'Your not pregnant, have a nice day'. 

Funny thought; Imagine that period pain burned calories, we would all be throwing tampons on the floor and rolling about in them, celebrating that we were going to burn off all the chocolate we had eaten naturally, if only.

Anyway it's all going to be okay because I have found a solution, this solution comes in the form of Nurofen Period Pain Express Heat Patches.  I was gifted these from a friend before coming to Morocco as she knew how badly I suffered with pain and I couldn't be more thankful, these are amazing.  I normally just get a hot water bottle and spend a day on the sofa eating chocolate, as you do, but now I can go about my day as normal thanks to Nurofen.



This amazing invention is a heat patch activated as soon as you break the seal on the packaging, its air that makes it heat up, like those funky hand warmers but for your phoof.  You just stick it to the inside of your best pair of Bridget Jones Pants (not onto your skin!) where you feel you need pain relief the most and off you go.  So simple, so genius and my new best friend.  I was worried that maybe the stickiness wouldn't last very long and you would be left with a loose pad floating about in your pants, ain't nobody got time for that, but thankfully it stays put.  Nurofen claims that it gives up to eight hours pain relief, unfortunately that is not true in my case.  It lasted about six hours before it started to cool down, but six hours is good enough for me, any relief is better than none.

I hope that if you suffer with elephants sitting on your uterus like me that this post has helped you or encouraged you to try these little wonders because I promise you they work miracles.  If anyone has any natural solutions please share them in the comments below or tweet/email me. 

I'm off to text Mother Nature and ask her 'Why blood, couldn't it have been fairy dust or something?'


Gemma

x

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. I agree that periods are horrible - and anything that makes that time of the month less awful is going to be a winner with me :-)
    Love Vicky
    http://aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely every single little thing helps, :)

      Delete
  2. 6 hours? that would be pretty amazing for me!
    I will be trying it for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch I feel your pain, luckily I am one of the fortunate ones that doesn't suffer much pain, but this sounds an absolute fantastic product - even 6 hrs would be brilliant. I'm going to buy one of these for my niece who has just started her period. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so so lucky, they would be perfect for your niece :) no problem I'm glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  4. I used to have really bad cramps but ever since I started taking Microgynon, I don't get them anymore!

    meimei xx

    meimeisays.blogsspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should look into some kind of contraception as I'm not currently on any, thank you x

      Delete
    2. Same here my periods got much less painful after I went on the pill :-) a lot of people do use the pill for period pain control too but if you can use other methods too that's obviously better than messing around with your hormones :-)

      Times2Style x

      Delete
    3. That's what I'm trying to do just give my body a break, iv been on the same contraception for about 9 years, can't be good for me, but my god is it sore x

      Delete
  5. i hate my menstrual cycle i get anxiety a wek before and hot flushes during , on the up i enjoy chocolate more when its that time though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I turn into an emotional wreck the week before and during, can't even watch programmes without crying lol x

      Delete
  6. I get really bad period pains even before it actually starts, it can be so painful - I will definitely have to look out for these! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine can be quite bad a few days before but nothing compared to that first day, xx

      Delete
  7. I used to suffer so badly with period pains then I had the contraceptive implant fitted and not had them since....Ohh yes fairy dust would be so much nicer...lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been having the contraceptive implant fitted for years, my first one was in 2005, gosh that's a bit scary nearly 10 years! No periods at all when I have one in but I had my last one removed in October just gone and have been suffering ever since. X

      Delete
  8. I'm pretty lucky and don't get any pains very often. I do know how they feel though. Worst thing ever. I've not heard of these patches before but could be worth the buy if they help when I do get them.
    The Life of Leeshastarr | Enter my MAC cosmetics giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lucky! Definitely they are so good to just have in the house for emergencies, x

      Delete
  9. These seem like a really great idea! I'm like you - horrible pain on the first day and then the rest is fine. My pain is all in the lower back though. And saying that, heat doesn't really help me either! Regardless, it's a good idea! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use these on your lower back too :) xx

      Delete
  10. OMG I need those heat patches, I get AWFUL pains on my first day too :(

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope these ease them slightly for you :)

      Delete
  11. Need some of that in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pmsl at the fairy dust comment! I feel your pain with this (literally). Since having Oscar mine have been ridiculously painful. The cramps start a week before the bleeding and then continue for around 2 and a half weeks. Yet the blood flow isn't that heavy! Makes me wonder if I'm in for a really bad one at some point. Anyway, now I've given out WTMI I'm off to buy some of these! Lol

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper | An Undomestic Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol glad I made you laugh, god you really do get a hard time, I feel pathetic moaning now lol lol sharing is caring never WTMI on here, hope they work sweet xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk