Event - Lancôme Hypnôse Palettes

12:07:00 pm

Hi lovelies!

May's Lancôme event was all about the new 5 colour Hypnôse palettes.  I was really excited about having a good play with these palettes as I had heard great things about the quality and colour range of Lancôme's eyeshadows. 

We arrived to nibbles and drinks that the lovely Lydia had organised for us peckish bloggers, these went down a treat.  Lydia then asked us to get into groups of two and pick which palette each of us would like to use, while she demonstrated using Amy from PYT as her model.

Myself and Clare from A Bit of This and That paired up and both picked one of the Hypnôse Star Eyes Palettes, we both love our browns and nude eyeshadows and this included a mix that we both loved.  While demonstrating on Amy, Lydia guided us through creating a beautiful look from our chosen palettes.



First we had to remove each others eye make up, this is something I didn't feel comfortable or confident doing as I have never done that to another person before and was worried I was hurting Clare or poking her in the eye.  Trying to remove Benefit's They're Real is not the easiest to remove to in the end Clare removed her own eye make up.  I then concealed her eyes using the Teint Miracle Corrector applying in a v under the eye and blending so it was untraceable.  The V concealer trick is visible on the picture of Amy below.



So with a blank canvas I started to create the look using Clare's Chosen palette, the colours are numbers so effectively its painting by numbers but with make up. I found applying to Clare quite difficult as I had never applied make up to anyone other than myself and wasn't sure how hard or soft to use the brush on Clare's eye.  When I am applying my own make up I am confident and know how much pressure to apply or not.  It turned out ok but not to the level I would have liked.

Sophie from Sophie's Beautique and Helen from Beautifully Superfluous made amazing jobs of each others make up and looked like they had definitely applied make up to other people before.  




I really enjoyed the evening and cannot wait until June's evening to see some new releases and spend some time with a few of my favourite blogging girls.

Lots of Love

Gem

xxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm really not comfortable removing my eye make-up either! Sounds like you had a fabulous time though :)

    Jade x

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk