Fashion/Beauty - You Know My Heart Skips, Skips a Beat

2:06:00 pm

A couple of weeks ago myself and Adam went to see the one and only Olly Murs in concert.  We went to his performance at the NIA Birmingham, it was such an amazing evening and all the months waiting were well worth it.



I kept my outfit really comfortable and casual
Cardigan - Primark
Top - Dorothy Perkins
Jeans - New Look
Boots - Primark

I made more of a statement with my make up.
Benefit Porefessional
Mac Studio Fix Fluid NW15
Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural
Mac Mineralise Skinfinish 'Soft and Gentle'
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush ' Exposed'
Rimmel Liquid Liner
Benefit They're Real Mascara (review here)
Mac Candy Yum Yum (review here)

The two support acts were The Lovable Rogues who found fame through the talent show, Britain's got Talent and one of my favourite Youtube sensations I am Tich! 

I enjoyed the Lovable Rogues but was not very familiar with them as I am not a massive fan of Britains Got Talent but they completely owned the stage and the whole audience were up dancing.



Tich started out uploading her own videos to Youtube and I stumbled across her right at the beginning I believe I was her 10th subscriber, I was super excited when she was announced as one of Olly's support acts.  She sounded fabulous and it was amazing to see her on stage after seeing her through my laptop screen for so long.  Olly was nearly ready to come on stage when Tich walked past where we were sitting and stopped, I had to meet her.  I was a little bit starstruck but Tich was so lovely and I managed to chat with her for a few minutes and got a cheeky picture with her. I really do wish her all the luck in the world with her career and new single Dumb, which I have popped below so you can have a listen.


So after all that excitement Olly was there, a few feet in front of me, in the flesh!  He opened the show with his most recent single Army of Two, which really was a great opener.  Throughout the night I was dancing singing and just genuinely enjoying myself, Adam also really enjoyed it.  Olly sang some of his new songs, old ones and a cheeky cover of A Town Called Malice, by The Jam. This was one of my favourite parts of the night.  He made me fall back in love with old favourites and make me love his new songs even more.  This tour was different to any he has done before as he also played the guitar and piano for a couple of songs which you could tell he was slightly nervous about  so It made it a bit more personal as we felt like we were sharing that moment with him. 


I know the photos above are not good quality at all, so I apologise for that but silly me forgot my camera so these are Iphone wonders, I just wanted to give you an idea of how close we got to him.  I would jump at the chance to see Olly live again, he was just excellent.  

Have you seen any bands or artists live recently?

Gem

xxx

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Olly <3 He's one gorgeous man :D
    I love love love your lipstick! And you look gorgeous <3
    X Deja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is devine isn't he :p Thanks very much your soo lovely Deja xx

      Delete
  2. Your make up is gorgeous, perfect cat flicks :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I think this was the only time EVER I was happy with the flicks, such an effort to perfect xx

      Delete
  3. You look lovely! Love your lip colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, its my new favourite xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a fab night :) Love candy yum yum on you!

    Lindsay Frances | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was such a good night, he was amazing live. Thank you its definately my new favourite xx

      Delete
  5. I wish I could get away with lipstick that colour, it looks so good on you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought it would suit me, have you tried it on? xxx

      Delete
  6. I went to see Olly Murs a few weeks ago in Liverpool, he was amazing! It was one of the best live tours ive ever seen - Love him!
    Great post, you looked lovely too!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, he was fabulous and more cheeky than ever, always a winner :) Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  7. You look gorgeous! That lipstick is diiivine!! You're a bad influence, you always make me want to buy things ;) haha jealous you went to see Olly, he's a cutie!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be a bad influence but how good would that lipstick look on you....AMAZING! He is a babe and a cheeky one at that, xxx

      Delete
  8. aaah i was waiting for this post and must have missed it! so jealous, your lipstick looks amazing too :)

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have found it now ;) He was fab, make sure you try and see him next time it is so worth it. Thanks babe xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk