Life - Ideas Are Easy, Implementation is Hard, Success is Rewarding

9:32:00 am

Wowie!


A whole year has gone by and you lot are still reading my rambles, that is so amazing and I am flattered!

Thank you so much for sticking with me through the last year and I hope you have enjoyed watching my little corner of the internet grow and in all honesty me as a person.

Source


In the last year my life has changed dramatically due to this little blog.  I initially started writing to kill some time while my boyfriend was at work and it gave me something to do, I now write because it has become part of my everyday life.  Some days my blog has been my backbone, if I was feeling rubbish Id slump in front of the laptop and start writing about my new favourite product and my mood would be transformed.
A few months ago I read through all my first posts and cringed but then came to think that it is good to keep them there, it reminds you how much you have improved and grown as a writer. 

Watching the number of comments and followers increase is always a major reality check, I often sit and think wow people are still reading this, amazing!  Until July last year I had about 14 followers and then I started to gain my regular readers and the followers grew which meant I was receiving more comments, and that was the turning point for me, it made me love this blog actually interacting with the lovlies that are reading is what makes my blog my favourite place to be on the internet.  I had my own little goals I wanted to reach before Button's Blog first birthday and I am delighted to say I have seen them all accomplished which makes the slightly anal side of me very happy! 

source


I also started getting involved with the #bbloggers chat on twitter around July and this was amazing, I found myself speaking to so many like minded people on a daily basis and really enjoying the chats.  Now more than 70% of the people I follow are blog related either other bloggers, make up artists and brands.  This was when I had the thought, that if we all got on so well why don't we see more of each other.  This thought progressed and I started attending meet ups all around the country, I even arranged one at the beginning of the year with a couple of lovely ladies. This is my favourite thing about blogging, the social side.

After attending a couple of meet ups I began to realise there are so many bloggers based in my area and I am proud to call most of the ones I have met, friends.  This changed me as a person, after moving to the West Midlands in 2011 to live with my boyfriend I knew nobody so I felt very lonely and longed for a girly day shopping and a night with lots of wine and facemasks.  Now I have so many girls I can get in touch with if I fancy a wee shopping trip or girly pampering night, or even just a chat so to all you girlies, Thank you!

source


I hope the next year is as exciting for this blog and myself, maybe even more exciting-is that possible?

Look out for something to celebrate this milestone soon!

Lots of Love

A very reflective and sentimental

Gemma Button

xxx



You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Aww happy birthday Button's Blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Very well written! You got me all sentimental and stuff :D
    Happy birthday Button's blog! I wish you many many more years of blogging, meeting amazing people and doing what you love to do!
    Hugs and kisses Xoxo

    Deja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deja, I already told you how much this made me smile via Twitter but it really did, xxx<3

      Delete
  3. Aww happy birthday Gen! I have to admit I quite often look back at my first posts and cringe. But I haven't yet deleted them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char!! I definitely cringe they are quite bad but im going to learn to love them :) Don't delete yours :(

      Delete
  4. Happy blog birthday Gemma! Seeing blogs like yours continue to develop is inspiring and motivational :) I'm sure you've come so far in that year and will progress even further.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Natalie, this is such a lovely comment, I would never describe myself as inspiring or motivational so you made my day by saying I do both with this blog. xxx

      Delete
  5. Very inspirational to new bloggers like me :)

    Www.makeup-ByKerry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am flattered that you think that Button's Blog is inspirational, really flattered! Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  6. Aww such a lovely post! Meeting you at the ldnbbmeetup was such a highlight for me, congratulations on your milestones and a big happy birthday to buttons blog! Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Charlotte, It was soo nice to meet you too, so nice to meet the writers behind some of my favourite blogs and ones I have followed since the beginning :)
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary! New follower and enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sooo glad you are enjoying it! xxx

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Buttons Blog! :D
    I surpassed my one year in March, I can't believe how quick time has gone since we started our blogs! I would love to attend a meet up at some point this year, I think it would help my confidence too.

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it has gone so quickly, you should definitely try and attend a meet up at some point, it will be the best thing you ever do :)

      Delete
  9. Happy anniversary! Do you know how many blogs never make it past the 1 year mark?

    Looking forward to reading your posts for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I can imagine so many new bloggers all the time and some don't realise the commitment involved, I know I didn't but wouldn't change that for the world.

      Thanks for such a lovely comment xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk