Beauty - Mac Candy Yum Yum Lipstick Review

2:54:00 pm

Hi Hunnis!

If you follow me on twitter (@gemmabutton) you may have seen quite a few tweets about my new favourite and maybe even all time, yes I love it that much, lipstick.  This amazing lipstick is the one and only,

MAC CANDY YUM YUM 

Mac Cosmetics Candy Yum Yum Lipstick


Mac Lipstick packaging is my ultimate favourite, classic, simple and black.  It doesn't wow anyone but thats what I like, more emphasis on the product itself not fancy pants packaging.

Candy Yum Yum, the best name for a lipstick EVER, this is one of the things that attracted me to the product first, I hadn't even seen the shade but the name excited me.  I had been looking for a matte neon pink lipstick for ages so when I seen that the lipstick with the amazing name was exactly what I was looking for I squealed with excitement.  I also think it describes the shade perfectly, what I mean by this is, you wouldn't expect a lipstick with this name to be a dark vampy purple, would you?  It screams pink to me and that exactly what you get.

I had never tried a matte lipstick before this one, but I really wanted to as I sometimes feel that a super glossy bright lipstick can be too overpowering on my lips and when people look at me they have the 'woooahhh to much lips lips lips'  look on their face.  I am so glad I eventually took the plunge for a matte lippy as I think I much prefer the formula and staying power.

I always expected matte lipsticks to be a dehydrating flakey mess but was pleasantly surprised with this little bullet of brightness.  Before I apply lipstick I always follow a routine;  brush, scrub and moisturise this can be seen in more detail here.  This routine really makes a difference in the application and final look of your lipstick.  Candy Yum Yum applies really well, you don't need to drag it along your lips to get a deep colour or apply more than once, it glides on leaving you with a perfectly opaque neon pink lip.

The lasting power of this is absolutely amazing.  Perfect example was Wednesday night, I applied at about 4pm before making a trip through to Birmingham for the Olly Murs concert.  I ate a two course meal, drank three cocktails, sang along to Olly and still had this on.  I only felt the need for reapplication on the train home at 11pm, so that's giving me a good 7 hours wear! That is phenomenal im my book.  

One thing I will say, this leaves a slight stain on your lips even after removing, I personally don't mind this but to avoid this after colour all you would need to do is apply a lip primer.  I haven't used a lip primer or lip liner  when wearing this lipstick and I have not experienced any bleeding or fanning.

I just bloody LOVE it!



Mac Cosmetics Candy Yum Yum

lots of love

Gem
xxx

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. love it - you look gorgeous in it and i'm so glad you got a bright lippie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, this was compeltely your fault, you were my inspiration <3

      Delete
  2. OMG! I need this lipstick in my life!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous on you! I have been eying this up for so long! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous, Ohhh i hope this has convinced you, you need it it would look amazing on you xxx

      Delete
  4. That colour is amazing. I need to stop adding to my list of MAC lipstick wishlists haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not surprised you have added this to your wishlist it was on mine for so so long x

      Delete
  5. The colour is amazing! I love the name too, haha. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I think the name makes it even a tiny bit more amazing :)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous colour - really suits you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, I dont think iv ever found a lipstick this bright and felt confident to wear it so it means a lot for you to say it suits me :)

      Delete
  7. This colour looks amazing on you Gem. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! You really know how to pick a lippy!
    Erica xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! Thanks Erica, I can give you lipstick envy while you make me hungry with all your amazing baking creations xx

      Delete
  9. Colour is amazing I also love this lipstick.

    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh do you have it too, I can imagine this being lovely on you with your blonde hair xxx

      Delete
  10. What a pretty color, and it looks gorgeous on you!

    xx, Gina

    http://www.lipglossonmylatte.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That colour is lush! looks great on you! .

    lizzie-florence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much for such a lovely comment <3

      Delete
  12. This colour is truly so bright and beautiful ~ it fits you just perfectly! x x

    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may just be my most favourite comment ever, thank you so much gorgeous, this really made me smile xxx

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous colour, it looks amazing on you! I'd love to rock a neon lip, might have to give this a try :) x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe, You should defo give this a go make sure you send me a picture on twitter @gemmabutton xxx

      Delete
  14. This looks fab on you - so jealous! I need to pick this up now when I have some spare money! WOW! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, dont be Jel treat youself ;) I think this would look equally amazing on you. Can you remember when I bought it you turned up in brum and i was like omg Helen look look look, haha was so excited <3 x

      Delete
  15. i love how pigmented and bold this color looks on your lips! i think i need to try this one out the next time i come across a mac corner:)

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous colour on you. Stunning!

    Txx

    http://www.fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this colour and it looks great on you!

    everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful, suits you so well x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk