Beauty - Is Only Skin Deep

5:00:00 pm

Hi Hunnis!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend, mine went far to quickly for my liking, but they say time flys when your having fun.
Iv been saying for a while I wanted to start a monthly series and I have decided on 'My Routine'.  I will cover skincare, haircare, bodycare in the next few months. These will all start with an introduction to the products I use followed by reviews on the products included in the intro. I will also do an extras post for products I use every now and then for an added boost and equipment I use.  The first week of the month I will cover skincare, the second will be haircare, third week is body care and the forth will be any extras.
 I wanted to start with skincare as this is something I am very new to, for years I was really niave to all the amazing products that are available and only used baby wipes and a face wash. My knowledge and interest in different skincare products has increased hugely since discovering blogs that feature skincare regularly such as Pampered Prince and Tattooed Tea Lady.  With this new found knowledge and interest of what products would suit my skin and how they could improve it have seen my skincare routine improve and I have come a long way since my baby wipes and facial wash days.


Above are the current products im using in my skincare routine, please note the word current as I chop and change some of these products monthly or when they are finished so I can try out new things in the hope of finding my wonder products.
Make Up Remover - Simple 'Kind to Skin' Eye Make Up Remover
I only use an eye make up remover as I expect my facial wash to remove all traces of make up at the end of the day.
Facial Wash - Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean/Purity Exvoliating Facial Wash
I use these two on alternative days so one day I use Peaches and Clean and the next I use the Exvoliating Facial wash.
Toner - Skinetica Blemish Clearing Lotion
I use this as my toner/lotion every morning and night, as it is intended.  This is a permanent fixture in my routine.
Eye Cream - Murad Hyrdo Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for Eyes
This was a sample I recieved in the #bbloggersxmas goodie bag so I am just trialing this at the moment. Eye creams and gels are something I am quite unsure of and very new to.
Moisturiser -  Dermalogica Active Moist/Soap and Glory Wish Upon a Jar
I use the Active Moist as a daytime moisturiser and the Wish Upon a Jar as my night moisturiser at the moment, this is only intended for 21 day use at a time but im naughty and dont follow them rules.
I hope you are looking forward to this series, which product are you most excited for me to review?
Lots of Love
Gemma
xxx

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. I'd be careful about using Skinetica as a toner! Even though it's an incredible spot treatment, it could really dry your face out if you're putting it all over twice a day. I only use it on areas that have blemishes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up babe, I have been using it as a toner for about 2 months now and its working with my skin lovely. :)

      Delete
  2. what a great idea!

    I love Dermatologica! I've tried a face mask - I got a sample and it was amazing but these products are so expensive:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I have tried a couple of things but this is te only one I could afford to repurchase as you said they are very expensive. x

      Delete
  3. Wish Upon A Jar looks so good, I really want to try it but I've got so many other moisturisers I can't justify it :(
    Xxx

    Www.thebeautybelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is GORGEOUS! Smells amazing too, when you have used all your other ones or save some boots advantage card points I insist you get some :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you do much for the mention lovely. I'm so glad to have influenced your interest in skincare :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem I couldnt write a skincare-y post and not mention you, you are my skinspiration haha like what I did there :)

      Delete
  5. I still need to try the Peaches and clean, I have so many skincare products to try. I always rely on andy for my skincare tips. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaches and Clean is lovely:) Cant wait to write the review on it, me too hes a bit of a guru x

      Delete
  6. I can't get enough of skin care. Can't wait to see reviews xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iv gone a bit skincare mad at the moment, ohh cool which one are you looking forward to the most? x

      Delete
  7. Thats a lovely idea, I'm really looking forward to your review of Wish Upon A Jar! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent :) I cant wait to write that review x

      Delete
  8. I love the peaches and clean, I blogged about it not long ago, it smells gorgeous, gorgeous I also need to try that simple eye make up remover :)

    New follower btw, your blogs lovely.

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) Ohh ill have to check out your review x Its a decent one tbf :) Thanks for following I look forward to your comments xx

      Delete
  9. I LOVE Dermalogica products! I've been using them for years and the Active Moist is my favorite moisturizer! You use quite an array of different brands. I try to stick with one brand for everything, but am wondering if that's such a good idea? I see many other products I'd like to try. :)

    Thanks for the lineup of what you use. It's exciting to see how others take care of their skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to but damn they are so expensive:( Only in the last 6 months have I started to try different brands I used to stick to one brand but found that it limited me to what I could try, xx

      Delete
  10. True, they are expensive, but worth it in my case. However, when I visit beauty blogs (I'm addicted!) I see so many products I'd like to try, and I wonder what I'm missing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately worth it, Id love to know if you decide to give it the plunge x

      Delete
  11. Nice to see that most of your products are within my budget!

    Thepowderednose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thats cool babe, I dont have a very high budget for myself so love when I go onto blogs and see things I could afford xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk