Beauty - MAC Technakhol Eyeliner Uniform Review

6:42:00 pm

Hi Hunnis, 

Just before I get started I will tell you that this is the prettiest eyeliner I have ever seen....EVER!

Mac Technakhol Eyeliner 'Uniform'


The packaging for this is classic mac, which I love, simple black with minimal branding and information.  The product is encased in a plastic twist pencil applicator.  This type of applicator has its good points which I think are the fact you don't ever have to sharpen it and its easier to clean off mucky foundation fingerprints.  I     do wish it had a mini sharpener in the end of the pencil to sharpen the tip of the eyeliner to have a more pointed,sharper lines when applying.  As you can see below mine has become a bit blunt now and I have no way of getting the point back without ruining the product, any suggestions would be much appreciated.


On the Mac website this shade is described as a deep khaki green with gold pearl, this is not true to colour at all. If I had not swatched this in store and seen the true colour I would never have purchased online following this description.  The swatch panel on the website also looks like a light brown with no hint of sparkle, this is also deceiving and does the shade no justice.  
I would describe this shade as a dark brown, nearly black with gold/bronze shimmer running through it.  
These swatches were taken in natural light with no flash so you can decide for yourself how you would describe the shade.



The formula is so impressive in this eyeliner, its perfectly creamy when applying and glides over my lash line with no effort at all.  I love that I don't need to stretch my eyelid to make sure I get a smooth straight line.  This can be smudged but only if you do it quickly as it does set, this really impressed me.  After a few moments this amazing formula sets and when I say set I mean this is going nowhere for about 8 hours at least.  I have never known a eyeliner to last this long and it still amazes me everytime I wear it.  Even with it being so long wearing its incredibly easy to remove with any normal make up remover. 



This was the first Mac eyeliner I have tried and when I first purchased I was in two minds if I really should have spent nearly £15 on one eyeliner.  This honestly was so worth the money, I use this nearly everyday on its own or as part of a more complicated eye look.  I love everything about it from the packaging to the ease of removal. I will definately repurchase this but I can't see that being for a while as I have been using this most days since I bought it in early December and I still have so much left.  I will definately be looking into the other shades in store though to make sure I get accurate swatches.

Do you own any of the other technakhol liners, what shades would you reccomend?

Lots of Love

Gemma
xxx


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. You have the most gorgeous eyebrows, I am so jealous. I'm growing mine out atm, I must get them done before friday!

    This is a gorgeous eyeliner I see why you love it so much!

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sara! I honestly hate that eyebrows are such a big thing now, they are such an effort! Im soo ecxited for friday.

      It is, I love it dead loads

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love MACs Technakhols, I think they are fab :)) Lovely colour on u, looks fab against your eyes xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What other colours would you reccomend maria? I love this one and want to add more to my collection, thanks xxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazing and its such a lovely colour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, such a change from a usual black or dark brown, the gold shimmer makes it for me xxx

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love how much character it has whilst still being black and pretty dark!

    This is deffo not blogged about!
    Newest follower
    www.breezeybee.blogspot.com
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you agree, me too on first look it just looks like a bog standard dark liner, its soooo much more.

      Id have thought this would be more blogged about with it being so different.

      Thanks hunni xxx

      Delete
  5. This seems great.. And wow ur eyebrow are perfect and ur lashes are super long, jealous! And oh re the MUA brushes.. Im sure u wont regret buying them.. Feel free to send me the link once uve done a post on them, id love to read it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is:) What lovely things to say thanks babe, coming from you with the best eyebrows i have seen in a while. Im going to make quite a large MUA soon, a few things I want to try, the brushes will be included. Thanks hunni I will indeed xx

      Delete
  6. Aw you have the most beautiful eyes Gemma!!! Great review, I've never tried any of these before as I'm so loyal to my urban decay liners but this looks like my most perfect eyeliner shade :) I need to try some I think :)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hunni! I have never tried the Urban Decay liners so I may have to investigate them, it really is such an amazing shade :)

      Delete
  7. You have such lovely eyes! I'm always skeptic about this kind of stuff from MAC! Thanks for the review :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe :) I was too but this has changed my view of them and will now pay more attention to all these kind of things xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk