Beauty - Benefit They're Real Mascara Review

2:23:00 pm

This mascara is most probably one of the most talked about in recent times, at first I was unsure if it would be the one for me, after reading so many mixed reviews but as soon as I got my hands on this cosmetic wonder I knew it was most definately 'The One'


 Benefit's They're Real - £18.50 available on Benefit's official Website HERE

Okay if you have read Button's Blog for a while you may know I am obsessed with packaging, more specifically simple packaging normally black but this product is a massive exception.  I like the outer packaging and the font of the lettering although if I was the designer I would have left the stats and pictures for the back only.  The mirrored  tube is fabulous, not my usual taste in packaging but I love it, it looks great in my make up bag and the wording on the front is just right, not too fussy.


''A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had'' - Benefit


My most important visual feature of mascara is the wand, I normally go for a more classic bristle mascara wand and steer away from plastic wands, but this has converted me to a plastic wand.  This one is shaped perfectly with the partly domed top.  This makes sure you do not miss a lash even the awkward little ones in the corner this even manages to curl and lift them too.  I love this wand!

The glossy black liquid clings to the wand in perfect proportions to coat your lashes with no clumps or excess product at all.  Working with the wand this creates perfectly separated, lifted, curled longer lashes.  It does add volume but not to the extremes that I like my lashes to have, so if im going out I do use this as well as a mascara formulated to add excess volume and it works very well.  The formula is very long lasting which is fabulous but can be tricky to remove without a good eye make up remover, (baby wipes will not work), I use my Simple kind to skin eye make up remover and it removes this easily with no rubbing.

To get the best results Benefit recommend to use as below, I use it this way and achieve amazing results.

''Position wand horizontally and wiggle from side to side, base to tip, to achieve maximum volume, length and lift.  Hold wand vertically and stroke upward to curl and separate''





I think the pictures do the talking really, This mascara has well and truly made it into my every single day make up bag, how an earth could I possibly live without it?

Lots of Love

Gemma Button

xxx



*PR Sample

You Might Also Like

22 comments

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk