Life - Shopping is Cheaper Than A Psychiatrist

4:28:00 pm

Hi lovelies,

My goodness it has been quiet on Button's Blog this week, this is all down to the Birmingham Bloggers Meet Up. I have had so many things to do this week to make sure the day is going to be great. I have been making things, booking things and sending out numerous emails aswell as working my day job, I just hope everything is worth it and we all have an amazing day on Saturday!

These are just a few things I have picked up in the last little while, I haven't bought a lot this month as I am trying to cut down on my beauty spending but with the release of so many new exciting products this month I cant see it lasting.

 Chit Chat Nail Varnish - £1 Poundland
This just caught my eye with the large chunky glitter I thought for a pound I could give it a go, I was so impressed with this I will be featuring it in a Nail of the Day post very soon.

 Simple Baby Wipes - 74p  Sainsburys  + Nivea Pearl and Beauty Deoderant - £1 Superdrug
These are just basics I needed, I prefer these baby wipes to any other and use them for everything from removing my eye make up to cleaning my make up packaging.  This deoderant is my favourite, I never purchase any other, I love the smell, the packaging and off course the performance.

 Mac Mineral Skin Finish Natural - £20.50 Mac Counter Selfridges
I was looking for a new powder for while and because I love my other base products from Mac it was just a must for me to try this.  I am enjoying using this and do so everyday although I am sure there are drugstore alternatives for half the price that I will be purchasing instead of this one when it runs out.
 
 Mac Technakohl Liner 'Uniform' - £14 Mac Counter Selfridges
I love this.  After having this used on me when I had a Mac make up application, although I didn't enjoy the experience I did love this eyeliner.  I love that it is a twist pencil so no sharpening and the colour is amazing. It is black with a bronze/gold shimmer running through it, this looks perfect alone and part of a smokey eye.
 
 Nails Inc Icons Mini set - Price and Shop Unknown
These little beauties were a gift from my mum, I love all the colours and Im hoping to get more use out of these in the spring. 
 
Lipcote Original -  £3.89 Boots Broadway Real Life False Nails - £4.40 Boots
I wanted to try this lipstick sealer for ages and truthfully I have been really dissapointed, I just didn't get along with it at all.  I like the feeling of smooth a creamy lipstick on my lips so after using this and having the dried out feeling I feel it was a wasted purchase.  I always wear false nails as I am a terrible nail biter and these are my favourite ones as I can get two sets out of one packet, they stay on for around 10 days and as they are clear I can paint them myself .
 
Label M Professional Haircare available online here
Dry Shampoo £10.50, Hairspray £11.50, Honey Oat Shampoo £11.95 Shine Mist £11.75, Age Defying Recovery Mask £17.95
I was lucky enough to win this in a competition on twitter run by @my_beauty.  My Beauty is a new online social directory and online magazine involving beauty bloggers, beauty lovers and beauty pros.  You an see what they are all about here.  I have only tryed the Honey Oat shampoo as yet and it smells immense, soo gorgeous.  I will be reviewing my favourites out of this range after I have got a feel for them and see some results.

 
Rings - £1.50 each Freedom @ Topshop
I love rings, and I believe no outfit is complete without a ring or two, these were such a bargain and will be worn all the time.
 
 
 Pearl Drops Smokers Toothpaste + Colgate Max White Tooth Brushthe easier - £1 each Poundland
I am on a mission this year to get whiter teeth, my teeth are not terrible but are not as white as I would like them to be.  I want to try a number of options on my quest for whiter teeth and have started with the basics.   


 Pearl Drops Smokers Mouthwash + Eucryl Toothpowder - £1 each Poundland
I am a matching freak, I like my toothpaste to be the same brand as my mouthwash, I dont know why but it looks pretty in the bathroom.  My mum and dad used this strain removing tooth powder when I was younger although I was never interested then I decided to give it a go.

 Nair Hair Remover - £1 Poundland
I swear by this stuff! I only use it on my arms though, the results don't last long enough to use on my legs for my liking.  Just to be clear I do not have overly hairy arms but I don't like them to have any hair at all, especially when Im wearing false tan.  I never have a reaction to this one and it is very moisturising.
 
Johnson's Baby Shampoo - £1 Poundland
This is my brush cleaning shampoo, I started using this after being reccomended by a number of girls on twitter.  It cleans my brushes perfectly and I love the smell.
 
This is the smallest haul I think Iv done, proud!
 
Lots of Love
 
Gem
 
xxx
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. I also want to get whiter teeth! I'm using 'Pearl Drops Beauty Sleep' at the moment, I've only used it the past 3 nights yet it feels fabulous already! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that sounds cool, how does it work?
      xx

      Delete
    2. It's just a gel you rub on your teeth and gums before you sleep after you've brushed your teeth and it feels great!! Xx

      Delete
    3. Ohh ill have to look into it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the Lipcote hating! It also makes my lips sting like nothing else as well! Try the ELF MakeUp Lock & Seal, it's much better!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yhh I found it a bit stingy too :( Ohhh thanks soo much for the reccomendation, xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love the glitter polish and the colours in the Nail Inc set! You already know I love the eyeliner, it's such a pretty colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its beautiful on too, Im going to write up a post with with more pictures of it too :) The eyeliner was maybe on of my favourite products I bought ever! xx

      Delete
  4. Fab haul!!! Lovely bits!! The Teknakohl pencils are fab arnt they :)) I love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think its the smallest one iv ever done chick,I love them Ill definately be getting more in different colours :) xx

      Delete
  5. The poundland nail polish looks gorgeous. Great haul. I hope the meet up goes really well hun. You have done really well to organise it all. Hopefully I can come to the next one. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was soo surprised how well it came out I expected it to be..well not very glittery. I hope so too, fingers crssed you can come to the next one x

      Delete
  6. I did a Poundland shop today, love the bargains you can get in there. I did a blog post on it too, check it out if you get a chance xx

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    Let me know if you want us to follow each other, would love to xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill check out your post hun :) I do like a poundland bargain x

      Delete
  7. I love poundland, they have some great stuff in there x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love poundland sometimes, bit sceptical of the make up though,after watching the documentary on it xx

      Delete
  8. The tooth powder stuff is amazing, my mum used to use it when i was younger, I used to love using (stealing) it.

    http://thescrimpystudent.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iv been using ti a few days now and Im loving it :) Haha thats exactly how I first discovered it, what little theives we are xx

      Delete
  9. Loving the mini nails inc polishes, they're really gorgeous colours xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! My mum was onto a winner picking them for me :)

      Delete
  10. Be careful not to use the smokers toothpaste daily for a long time as it will cause abrasion on your teeth! I'm a dental nurse and the amount of people that have caused problems scrubbing their teeth away and it only removes surface stains. The best whitening solution is the trays from the denist and they are safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you buy MAC and poundland. Love a good mix in a haul!
    xxx
    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always be a bargain hunter at heart but love the occassional high end treat :) x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk