Event - Birmingham Blogger Meet Up January #birminghambloggermeetup

6:56:00 pm

Happy Monday Everyone!

I am just the happiest girl in the world right now, this weekend has been so exciting all down to the Birmingham Blogger Meet Up.  Everything went exceptionally well and to plan, everyone had a great time and enjoyed themselves.  This proves Lipstick beats snow any day!

Myself and Charl beating the snow with our lipstick!
 
This day wouldn't have been possible without the two best sidekicks in the world Clare from A Bit of This and That and Sara from Pretty in Pink, I need to just say how amazing they were and im very proud at how well we worked as a team.

All the behind the scenes organising was done and we were on our way to Starbucks in New Street Station to meet all the lovely bloggers that had battled through the snow to be there, the nerves kicked in and I was worried not many people could make it.  You can imagine the relief and delight when we walked round the corner and there was everyone sitting sipping coffee!  I was amazed everyone had made such an effort to be there even as far as London and Cardiff! Thank you so much ladies you made the day everything it could have been, without you all it wouldn't have been half the day it was.

Sipping Coffees
 
Once we had introduced ourselves we split into groups to go shopping, we split into groups according to the coloured stars on our name badges which worked really well and allowed everyone to meet some bloggers they hadn't met before.  Clare made such an amazing job of the name badges I just loved them.


My group had the yellow stars and we decided to head to Boots and Selfridges, two of the most popular blogger destinations.  I found myself at the Mac counter trying out an amazing red lipstick 'brave red'.  I have always been a bit of a wimp when it comes to a statement lip but with gentle encouragement from Charl from Ginger Girl Says there I was sporting the most beautiful red lippy, and I loved it!


 Selfridges Beauty Hall


We then headed back to Starbucks to meet up with the other groups for the next part of our day, cocktails at Rodizio Rico.  Rodizio Rico is based at The Cube and is such a lovely setting for a trendy cocktail bar and restaurant with glass walls and views over the canal it is very picturesque.  The staff were very welcoming and helpful making sure we were all seated, with a cocktail in hand.  A very special mention to Jai as he was obviously very interested in the whole blogging concept and made the visit a treat.  We sipped on a mixture of delicious Caipirinha cocktails and mocktails. The caipirinha cocktail is unlike anything I had every tried before, very refreshing yet intoxicating.  I will be posting seperately about my experience at Rodizio Rico in more detail so please do look out for that.






Jai - The best bartender and myself
 
Feeling merry we made out way across to Red Pepper for our sit down meal.  This was my favourite part of the day as myself, Clare and Sara had made a special effort to make the table look unique with place cards and crystalised candles made by yours truly, table crystals to add a bit of sparkle and some very exciting filled white bags in the middle. 



We all sat down with more cocktails, laughter and some very delicious food.  As I was tucking in to my starter I looked up the table and seen everyone was smiling, laughing and chatting. This is what blogging is about, all of us getting to know each other and take the passion we share for blogging and turn it into friendships.  I genuinly really enjoyed speaking to everyone and getting to know them a little better and would even say these bloggers are not just bloggers they are friends.







 
We had a couple of tweet to win competitions running throughout the day to win some goodies.  There was a lovely goodie bag from Make Believe Beauty, A necklace from We Love Button Jewellery  and a goodie bag from KMS California.  Charlotte from Lil Miss Chickas was the lucky winner of the Make Believe goodies and the We Love Button Necklace,  Sophie from Sophie's Beautique won the KMS goodies.  A massive well done to both of these hunnis!


 
Just before everyone started to leave and make their way home we had one last surprise! 
A cake, but not just any cake the cutest, prettiest and most scrumptious cake I have ever seen and tasted.  The buttons just made it perfect.  This beautiful cake was made by Vicky from Victoria's Vintage. This lovely lady has just started her own business Victoria's Vintage Cakes and if you love the cake she made for the day you should see her other creations, just beautiful!



The whole day was just fantastic and Im really happy that everyone enjoyed it so much, every single blogger left with a jam packed goodie bag, so jam packed that I would like to give it a whole post of it's own, so do look out for that in the next couple of days.



I have only added a few of the pictures from the day on this post but should you wish to see them all you can find them HERE.  Everyone who attended is more than welcome to use these pictures as long as full credit is given.
 
I will be updating the Birmingham Meet Up page to include all of the twitter handles and blog links of everyone who attended too so you can all keep in touch.
 
Rebecca from Beca Boos Make Up also vlogged at the meet up and it is fantastic!  I didn't even realise she was filming throughout the day.



 
Lots of Love
 
Gem
 
xxx

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Looks like such a fun day!!! You should definitely wear red lipstick more, you look gorgeous in it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic time!!! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW looks like such a fun day and Victoria that cake is incredible :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such a lovely evening Gemma. You put so much effort it and it really paid off! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an amazing day!!! Well done to you and the girls for organizing a fantastic day!!!!

    Gutted I live so far away!!!! Still, maybe next time ;)xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for an amazing day, you were a hero for arranging everything! X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an amazing day! Great pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh fab post hun :) Thanks for my links! I'm going over to your FB page now to check out the rest of the pics!! I hope I see your lovely smiley face again real soon!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww this looks so fun!! I'm going to have to try and come to the next one :D
    xxx

    www.TheBeautyBelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for linking my page and also huge huge thank you for making the day such a great one! your organisation skills are off the chart :D the drinks in rodizio rico were lovely, and the goodie bag is amazing! you and the other girls put so much effort into the meet up and even in the snow everyone had a great time.
    also wanted to say thank you for making me feel so welcome and being such a lovely person, i was really nervous about coming but so glad i did and was so lovely meeting you all and am eagerly awaiting to go to another blogger meet up now!

    love zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Gem!! Congratulations and hope to see you again soon.
    I'll try sort something, fingers crossed it meets yours or somewhere close eh!
    Erica xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing blog and I love your posts! Am now following :D
    Would love a follow back :D
    icecreamandclara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blog!looks like you had a fab time. I came across your blog on Victoria's vintage and I'm a new follower!

    Www.countrybumpkinlover.blogspot.com

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing with red lippy on!! The picture of you and charl is gorgeous. So gutted I couldn't make it but I will meet up with you soon. :) Well done on such a successful day. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an amazing day - and you can sooo pull off a vivid lipstick; it looks beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! You and the girls did such an amazing job of organising it! glad it all went well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like such an amazing day - the cake looks scrummy!

    Wish I could have come - if there's another one I'll definitely try and attend :) x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk