Beauty - Laughter is the Sun That Drives Winter From the Human Face

8:30:00 pm


When I recieved an email from the lovely Hannah from Sunkissed Self Tan asking if I would like to be involved in a competition for bloggers only I was very excited to find out more.
Hannah explained that she would send some products on behalf of Sunkissed so I could create a party make up look, that would be in the gallery on their website, on which visitors can vote for their favourite look.  The winner would win £100 worth of Sunkissed products, which is a lovely prize but not overly important to me as I was looking forward to creating the look and being part of the competition with the other girls.
 
Sunkissed has been a brand that I have been unsure of for years, being completely honest this was based on the price, with the attitude that if it is that cheap how could it possibly be good quality. This was a terrible attitude to have towards Sunkissed as now having used their products I have been missing out on good quality products for years. This is something I was also guilty of with Make Up Academy and look how much I love them.  I guess the moral of my story is always try before you judge a product and do not base your opinions on price but on the quality of the product alone.
 
The day the products arrived I was delighted, the Luxury Bronze Maxi Compact  looked fabulous as the eyeshadow colours looked like 'my' kind of colours. Colours that could be used for so many different looks day or night.  I am in love with highlighters at the moment and the gold shimmer highlighter looked  beautiful and  I was so excited to try it while creating my perfect party look.
 
Sunkissed Luxury Bronze Maxi Compact £8.99 Buy yours HERE
 
Now normally im not a bronzer kind of girl but this Giant Bronzer looked great and I was looking forward to being more bronzer friendly and using it for more than just contouring. 
This bronzer has been Sunkissed's best seller for over seven years so if that doesn't convince you what will?
 The soft velvety powder duo is sure to give you a soft natural glow all year round.  I love the design with the sun and stars too.
 
Sunkissed Giant Bronzer £4.99 Buy yours HERE
 
So lets get down to the exciting part, my look!
 
I started off by creating a flawless base using Benefit Porefessional, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Mac Studio Fix Fluid and setting with Mac Mineral Skin Finish.
Then I got to work with the giant bronzer, I used a the darker sun shaped powder as my contouring powder and using an angled blush brush I contoured my cheekbones, forehead, nose and jawline.  The lighter colour was perfect for dusting over my cheekbones with a large bronzing brush to add some warmth and slight colour to my complexion.
 

I used my favourite Mua blush in Shade 2 to add more colour to my cheeks, I love blush, maybe more than love I think its quite an obsession.
I then highlighted my forehead, the bridge of my nose, chin and cheekbones, anywhere that naturally catches the light with the golden shimmer highlighter from the Luxury Bronze Maxi Compact.
I loved the shimmer running through this velvety powder as it was perfect for that little bit extra for this party look.
 


 
I wanted to create a gold shimmer eye with dramatic liner and huge lashes to be the focus point of my look. The eyeshadows and mascara in the Luxury Bronze Maxi Compact allowed me to do just that.
I started off by my using my favourite Mua eyeshadow primer and allowing to dry before applying eyeshadow shade 2 all over my lid and socket using an all over shadow brush. I then used a smaller brush to apply shade 3 to the outer third of my eyelid only.  Using my crease brush I used shade 4 in the crease of my eye to contour and add depth to my eye make up.  I used shade 1, the lightest in the palette,  to highlight my brow bone. To frame my eyes and face I filled in my brows using my Hd Brows Palette in Vamp.
 The shadows in this compact are really pigmented and work well with and without a primer, really excellent quality!
Using my Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner I created a thick black line on my lashline with a slight flick and added my favourite pencil eyeliner in black to my waterline.  
To finish my eyes I applied lashings of the mascara from the Luxury Bronze Maxi Compact, this product surprised me the most out of all the Sunkissed products I recieved.  The brush is not huge like the mascaras I normally reach for, but this mascara separated my lashes perfectly adding the right ammount of volume and length with every coat, very impressed with this mascara!
 
 
 

 To complete my look I used the lip colour in the shade rust all over my lips and adding a hint of gloss with a clear Mua Lipgloss.  When creating a make up look I normally go full on eyes or full on lips never both, so this lip colour was great to add a hint of colour without going over the top.
 
 
I was very happy with my final look, and felt that everything came together really well.
If you like my look you I would love if you could vote for me, all you need to do is click the link below look for my picture a click he little thumb underneith.





 
You can keep up to date with all the Sunkissed info on
 
 

 
Lots of Love
 
Gem
 
xxx

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Aw that's a gorgeous look, that mascara looks amazing! Your eyelashes look incredible!

    Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I know I was soo surprised as I didnt expect it to work as well as it did x

      xx

      Delete
  2. Your eye make-up looks amazing! Seriously stunning sweet :)

    Sophie from,
    http://thegirlfromasmalltown.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunni :) Was really simple to create with this palette xx

      Just going to check out your blog xx

      Delete
  3. gorgeous look. Ill go and vote. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erm I could have done better in my sleep Gemma! Haha! ;)

    Looking gorgeous lovely & I've voted for you. Good luck sweets!

    Lola xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha :)such a cheek:p jokes

      Thanks lola that means soo much, thanks for reading my blog.

      xxx

      Delete
  5. I love the eye make up! looks lush

    I'm also following you now so expect 100s of comments everytime you post haha! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hunni, <3

      Aww thank you, I love comments so this would be lovely hope you enjoy the future posts :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk