Life - If There's No Chocolate in Heaven I'm Not Going

12:47:00 pm


Hey hunnis,
 
I always love recieving chocolate at Christmas but I would be over the moon to recieve chocolates that have been homemade.  Thats why I have decided to write this post, how I turned a simple bar a chocolate into lovely homemade treats. This is super simple to do so not a very technical cooking but is great fun and can also be done with children.
 
 This is not the usual post from me, Iv never wrote about any cooking or home baking on my blog before but its something I enjoy and might start to post more regularly about in the future.  I hope you enjoy this post I would love your opinions good or bad.
 
What you Need
 
Bowl -  for melting chocolate
Pan - to boil water to melt chocolate
Silicone Chocolate Mould - £1.99 Lidl
Hazelnuts - £1.29 Sainsbury's
Pink Sparkles - £1.20 Sainsbury's
Assorted Chocolate 17p - 35p Lidl
 
First of all crush a few hazelnuts, with a wooden spoon, into tiny pieces.  Add these tiny pieces to some of the hearts in the silicone mould.
 
 Also add some of the pink sugar sparkles to some of the hearts in the mould. 
 
Your mould will now look like this, I have left some hearts empty so the chocolate will be non nutty and sparkly.
 
 Now break the Milk Chocolate into the bowl and place over a pan of boiling water.  Keep the water on a low heat and stir the chocolate until melted.  This should only take 2-3 minutes.
 
 
 Pour the melted  milk chocolate into the mould over the nuts and over some of the sparkles. Place these in the fridge for now. I only half filled some of the hearts as I will add different chocolate to these to give a layered effect.
 
Now melt the white chocolate in the same way.  Remove the mould from the fridge and add the white chocolate and fill the mould.  I also added some whole hazelnuts to the middle of a couple of the chocolates.

Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours so they can set,  once set just pop them out of the mould, the silicone makes this very simple as it just peels away from the chocolate. 
 



 
To make these into presents for stockings I would add 6 to a small clear bag, add some ribbon to tie the bag and they will look good to go.
 
I hope you enjoy this post
 
Lots of Love
 
Gem
 
xxx

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Oh my days these look to die for!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. soo easy to make hunni, you should make some :)

      Delete
  2. They look delicious! What a great post! I may have to try this one day...as a present to myself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definately should sweet they were delicious :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Yum yum, these look delish! Might have to try my hand at making some myself over the weekend, they'll make a lovely pre-Christmas treat.
    I'm going mad hun, for some reason I thought I wasn't following you, but I already am, doh - visited and had a read the other day!
    Hope you're well lovely :)
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh let me know if you make some hunni :) I thought you were I had seen your pretty face on my GFC bit :)

      lots of love
      gem
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love this post, I really want to try this! It's a great present for the family :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh would love if you let me know how yours turn out, thats what I thought Ill be making some for family at xmas

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey gorgeous, I am currently having a giveaway over on my blog at the moment, I would love for you to check it out :)
    Punky Pugs Beauty products Giveaway
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my days, I love chocolate. You can make me these any time! How about for now you just visit my blog ;-) xxx

    http://jaychapmanmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    oh by the way, im doing a competition, would love it if you can join and enter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look absolutely gorgeous! Love the pink sparkles :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab idea! I will be trying this!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk