Beauty - Yeah I Go Shopping A Lot But I Don't Buy Clothes Much

7:13:00 pm


Hiya Lovlies,
 
Iv done it again, buying things I dont need, pfffft forget that these are my first Beauty purchases since 29th September.  I decided to not buy any beauty products for the whole month of October, not so much a spending ban but  just teaching myself a lesson really.
  It turns out I really dont need all the new products from MUA before I have read the reviews and can make a good decision in the ones I do choose. I do not need every single shade of the new Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Finish Lipsticks (just 2 of them).  I recieved my Boots Christmas vouchers to get extra points, so whilst buying make up over the next 8 weeks I will get lots and lots of points, its a win win situation. 
So when I knew I was going to town and going to boots, to save me buying things on a whim I wrote a list, I know organised and sensible Gemma is coming into action.  I got everything on my list, and here is what I bought.
 
Real Techniques Blush Brush £9.99 and Expert Face Brush £9.99
I have been lusting over these two brushes for a while now, so when I seen the buy one get one free offer in boots this was a no brainer, two Real Techniques brushes for £15!  I already own the Stippling brush and love it dearly but the Expert Face brush is on a wholeother level, it is by far one of the best brushes I have ever used.  I have been using it for my liquid foundation, concealor and contouring with powder bronzer, it is definately an all rounder, this brush will play a big part in my make-up routine for a long time.  The blush brush is amazing too,soo soft and fluffy.  It is a little larger than I normally use for blush but is perfect for blending and picks up just the right ammount of product.  I love that these brushes stand up alone as well, makes my dressing table look all professional.
 
                         Sleek Glitter Eyeliner £4.49 Rimmel Scandaleyes 'Nude' Eyeliner £2.99
Its coming up to the festive season and glitter is all around us, not that I need that excuse to buy something glittery.  This glitter eyeliner is perfect and really long lasting, I have worn it alone and on the top of shadow and liner and it looks great either way.  I will be purchasing lots more glitter liners in the next few weeks. 
A nude eyeliner is the perfect choice for an everyday make up look, especially when your up and out to work early as it brightens up your eyes and makes you look more awake.  Rimmel have always been fabulous at eyeliners and this is no exception, its long lasting on the lid and waterline, soft and easy to apply and the packaging is quite lovely too.
 
 
 Sleek Blush in Pomegranate and Rose Gold £4.29 each
These blushes are just devine!  I have been eyeing these up for while and I am gutted I didnt buy them sooner, the pigmentation is amazing and I love the shimmer they both have.  I have been using the Rose Gold on a daily basis even though it is very shimmery, but it birghtens up my day. It has been compared to Nars Orgasm and yes I can see the similarities but the Nars Orgasm is a touch more pink by the look of pictures, I have not used it myself.  I love Pomegranate it is soo rich looking and has the peferfect amount of subtle shimmer, this to me is a more night time blush and I will probably wear it everytime I go out for the next while. This is also a perfect dupe for Mac DollyMix. I will be definately purchasing Pixie Pink from the sleek range now I know the quality of the blush is amazing.
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Finish Lipstick in shade 110 £5.49
 Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipliner £1.99
Kate Moss's new lipstick range for Rimmel is fabulous, I already own shade 107, a deep plum colour (read the review here).  I love all five colours in the range and was going to buy the soft pink shade 111 but I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go for this red with orange undertones and Im so glad I did, I wore it the first day I got it and it lasts forever and really suits my skintone.  The main thing I love is that even though it has a matte finish, it doesn't dry out your lips at all, actually its rather moisturising on your lips.
With all the plum/deep red lipsticks I have been buying I was desperate for a lipliner to use with them and I always use Rimmel lasting finish ones so this was just another to add to my collection.  I have been using these for years and they never fail to disspoint and seem to last forever, Iv sharpened the ones I own only once or twice.  Everyone raves about the sleek lipliners, have you used these and what do you think?  They might be a future purchase from sleek, sorry Rimmel for the betrayal.
 
MUA *NEW* Sheer Finish Lipgloss 'Meet Me' £1 and Palmer's Lip Butter £2.89
MUA are bringing out so many new products lately and when I was trying to not purchase make-up for a whole month It killed me, but as soon as I seen these in my local Superdrug I had to have one, mainly because my local Superdrug never has anything in stock and I though it was a sign for me to have one, lol. I choose the shade Meet Me and I thought it would look perfect over my Mac Hue lipstick and I was right it looks perfect together. I will definately be buying all the shades in this range when Im next in town, they are so glossy and smooth on your lips and not too sticky.  They remind me a lot of the Maxfactor glossy tubes.
The Palmers lip butter is my latest addition to my ever growing lipbalms and butters collection it  has been reviewed here.
 
So thats what Iv been buying hunnis, all of the cosmetics except the MUA and Sleek were purchased from my local Boots, earning loads of points on my Advantage Card.  The MUA and Sleek were purchased from Superdrug.
 
What have you been buying? Send me your links of your recent Hauls.
 
Lots of Love
 
Gem
 
xxx 
 
 

 

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. i adore the coral shimmer blusher, that will look so nice on! and the kate moss lipstick, they're all such good colours and quality i think! would also love to see the nude eyeliner on, i've never actually seen that before! I recently did a massive mua hall, got the heaven and earth palette, lipstick in shade 8, eyelashes and the brow kit! Havent written a post about them yet though :) xx

    www.bronzerbiscuitsandboxes.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sweet :) I will be doing a face of the day using the nude eyeliner soon :) ohh how is the brow kits I have been debating if to get it or not x

      Delete
  2. I have almost every Real Techniques brush on my Christmas wishlist!! Well done on making the list, I always get into Boots and buy things on a whim! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be dissapointed if you get get some babe they are soo fab :)
      Thanks hunni xxx

      Delete
  3. Super awesome haul... I specially loved the lipstick and im a huge fan of the real technique brushes too :)) have a grt weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunni, ohh it is fabulous! You to hunni enjoy your sunday x

      Delete
  4. I NEED that Sleek Rose Gold Blush!!! The swatch looks to die for! I also sooo wanna try the Kate Moss matte lipsticks too! This is like my wishlist! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You doo :) It look even nicer on:) I have 2 of the Kate Moss lipsticks now and they are fabulous I think ill be having the pink one too :)

      xxx

      Delete
  5. Great haul. I love sleek blushes. I really like the looknof pommegrante. I have all 5 of the Kate moss lipsticks. I couldn't refuse. They are gorgeous. I reviewed them all on our blog. 111 is a gorgeous shade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunni :) Im loving them I will be buying more shades for sure:)

      I only have 2 but love 111:)

      xx

      Delete
  6. Great haul. I love sleek blushes. I really like the looknof pommegrante. I have all 5 of the Kate moss lipsticks. I couldn't refuse. They are gorgeous. I reviewed them all on our blog. 111 is a gorgeous shade x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul. I love sleek blushes. I really like the looknof pommegrante. I have all 5 of the Kate moss lipsticks. I couldn't refuse. They are gorgeous. I reviewed them all on our blog. 111 is a gorgeous shade x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk