Beauty - Glossy Box May 2012 Review

11:50:00 am

Over the next 3 months I will be recieving a Glossy Box and will be reviewing each one to see how the boxes differ, if the beauty profile is used well and then make the decision if I want to continue my subscription or to try another beauty box.

If you have never heard of Glossy Box, Its a well known beauty box.  In the box you receive 5 luxury product miniatures from high-end brands for only £10 a month, your subscription  can be cancelled at anytime so you are not tied in at all. When you order your first Glossy Box  you will be asked to fill in your Beauty profile to help them select products to complement your personal beauty, therefor every box is personalised to what suits you.  I think this is a great way to test new products and if you want to, purchase the full size products from the website.
They definately surprised me with the high quality I recieved.
Glossy Box May 2012 Review, Glossy Box, Beauty Subscription Boxes, Beauty, uk Beauty Subscription boxes
I ordered my first Glossy Box after seeing a free postage offer to celebrate the 1st Birthday of the company and seeing so many great reviews on other blogs, facebook and twitter.

A HUGE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

GlossyBox

 but even though it was their birthday it was us lucky people recieving the gifts.
My box was posted out on the 23rd of May and I recieved it the very same day at 3pm,the best postal service I have experienced.
 On opening the box the beautiful tissue paper was the first thing to catch my eye, covered in perfume bottles,cakes and cosmetic pictures it was so girly! Little extras like this make me smile and before Id even opened my box I was already super impressed.


As soon as that ribbon was untied and the tissue paper folded back I checked out the contents, they were spilling out!


I couldn't wait to try the Collection 2000 Gel Eyeliner it was in a gold shade one of my favourite shades for summer eye make up.  Having never used a gel liner before I read the instructions on the packaging but it proved to be extremely easy to apply and definately had staying power. I will be using this all summer!  I will be adding the Eldora false lashes, also included in my Glossybox, for extra volume to create a dramtised evening look.




 I had a bath last night just to try out the Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath and Shower Gel.  When I seen this I thought it would just be the same as any other bath/shower gel I had in the cupboard but how wrong was I! It was amazing, as soon as the amber liquid mixed with the running water the fragrance of the beginnings of summer, with extracts of toning elderflower and antioxidant-charged gooseberry with clean notes of orange blossom, moss and cut grass filled the bathroom.(yes i copied this from the packaging as it describes it perfectly) This richly lathering body wash left my skin soft, clean and sumptuously scented.


As the Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Daily Moisture claims to be more suited to normal and dehydrated skin I decided not to use this on my face (I have oily skin).  I am unsure why I recieved this as I stated on the Beauty Profile I had oily skin. but on my freshly shaven legs to restore moisture and refresh and restore my tired and thirsty skin.  As this contains a blend of Rose Damascena Flower Oil, Rose Centifolia Flower Extract, Borage Seed Oil, Ylang Ylang and Aloe Vera, it soothes, protects, rejuvenates and tones even the most delicate of skin.  Although there is no scent to this light moisturiser it does what it claims to do.


I was excited to see two samples of Lolita Lempicka fragrance in my Glossybox but unfortunately neither one was my cup of tea.  The L'Eau en Blanc was extremely overpowering and left me smelling like a flower arrangement and a banging headache.  The Eau de Parfum was slightly less overpowering and less floral but too musky for my taste. I have updated my beauty profile since recieving these and unticked floral and woody scents, so hopefully I will not recieve scents I do not like in the future. I am very thankful to Glossybox for giving me the opportunity to test these because the bottles are beautiful and I often make the mistake of buying fragrance purely on the appearance, now I know not to do that.


Well thats all for May's Glossy Box and all in all I think it is a good mix of products.



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love GlossyBox but I've just never gotten around to trying it out. I already have one monthly beauty subscription and that's pretty much my entire budget. I love this box and I adore those GlossyBox balloons!

    http://stylenerd.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, The box is soo cute:)
    Which beauty subscription do you use now if you dont mind me asking im looking at getting another one to compare?xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been thinking of subscribing for months now, After reading this post I may just do it!! The only thing that’s been holding me back were a few videos on YouTube people were not very happy with some of the products and the sizes, but I suppose its all luck of the draw really? so ill give it a go and see what goodies I receive. Keep you posted hun x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk