Beauty - Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

4:24:00 pm

I decided to treat myself  to some Estee Lauder Double Wear.
Estee Lauder Double Wear, Estee Lauder, Beauty, Estee Lauder Foundation Review, Estee Lauder Double Wear Rview and Swatches

 I have always struggled to find a liquid foundation that suits my skintone, lasts all day and keeps the matt effect I like.  My friend at work told me about this foundation and urged me to purchase it as its a must have in her make up bag.

I went to my local Debenhams, and as soon as I approached the Estee Lauder  make up counter the make up artist said to me,
'Are you here for Double Wear', indeed I was so I took a seat.  She dissapeared for a moment only to return with my exact shade! She hadn't even touched my face, removed my current make up but yet she knew exactly which shade I was. 
I was impressed by that, then she began to apply the foundation to one half of my face with a foundation brush.  When she had finished the one side I looked in the mirror and Oh My Gosh it was immaculate compared to the other side!  She completed my make up so I didnt look silly walking around with each side of my face different shades.

The fantastic oil free liquid has an SPF rating of 10 which is soemthing I look for in a foundation because I like to protect my skin from UV rays but anything higher than SPF 10 causes your face to be whiter than your body in photographs(there is nothing worse).

I purchased the 30ml Bottle in Shade 02 Pale Almond for £26.50, this is a lot more than I would normally pay for a foundation but the results were the best I had ever seen.  Just a tiny blob applied with a brush WILL last 15 hours even in high humidity, it doesn't smudge or come off on clothes.  Just be careful pouring it out as the bottle does not have a pump.



This is all you need:)


I love how natural it looks, and doesn't leave your face feeling caked.  I used to use a pressed powder on top of my foundation but with this I no longer need to do so as it stays perfect.

Does anyone use Double Wear let me know your thoughts:)


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've used Doublewear off and on for over 10 years (I like the Fresh Air base or everyday). The best staying power and range of colours of any base ever! But I'm a longtime Estee user - since the 1970s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have been using this since the 1970s, shows it has always been as amazing as it is now:) Thanks for you comment means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin looks gorgeous!! I love that this enhances someones naturally beautiful skin instead of just masking it and caking over it :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks babe, thats what I love about it.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try this now! Your skin looks great! Might have to go see if I can get myself a sample of this! xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definately worth a try hunni:) Go to an estee lauder counter and have one of the girls do your make up I was really impressed :)Thanks xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk