Beauty - Why Using Make Up Brushes Make A Difference - Eyes

3:30:00 pm


Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless eye make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes, Gemma Button
If you seen my How To Create A Flawless Make Up Base With Brushes post you would have been expecting this follow up post, with that post being quite popular I really hope you enjoy this one.  Now that I have detailed the brushes I use to create a flawless base, today I wanted to go more in depth about the brushes I use to create flawless eye make up.  I mentioned that I feel brushes make more of a difference to the finished effect when creating a flawless base and with eye make up it is no different at all, maybe even more important.  I created this look with simplicity in mind but I still wanted it to be interesting and make my eyes stand out.  In this look I used an Eye Primer, Eye Brow Powder, Eye shadow, Mascara, Gel Eyeliner, Mascara and a set of false lashes.

nanshy, crown brushes, Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless eye make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,


I just want to point out that I got a bit carried away with my brows and they are not in my preferred style but I loved the way everything else looked so lets just ignore them, please.  Brows frame your whole face and looking back to before I started filling them in makes me cringe,  in my eyes brows are impossible to perfect, without a brush of some sort.  Now I just need two little tools to make my face look more complete, the Crown Brush Spoolie and Nanshy's Angled Detailer.  I have only been using this angled detailer for my brows for about a month but it has replaced my previous favourite, look out for a post all about brows really soon.

Nanshy, Real Techniques, Urban Decay, Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless eye make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,

























After dabbing on some eye shadow primer I used the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to apply a pale eye shadow with a matte finish just to even  and brighten my eyelids slightly, creating a base for the darker shadows.  As this brush is fluffy but firm it allows you to get an even coverage whilst still being precise.   The Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow Brush was used to dab a slight champagne eye shadow, with more of a shimmer running through it, to the centre of my lid again brightening and making my eyes appear bigger, this brush is great for shadows more prone to fall out.  The Nanshy Flat Detailer is perfect for really precise application, I used it for the outer corner of this look creating a subtly sharp line.

Nanshy, Sigma, Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless eye make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,

























Blending is the secret to creating flawless eye make up in my opinion, without taking the time to blend you may as well not bother.  The Nanshy Eye Crease Brush  is perfect for contouring in the crease, like I did for this look in the slightly warmer brown shade, its fluffy but still allows enough control for keeping within the crease.  Using the same brush I blend a slightly darker brown in the outer corner of the crease just for extra definition.  The Sigma Blending E25 Brush is, in my opinion, the best blending brush out there.  Often compared to Mac's 217 Brush but with a smaller price tag.  Applying a lighter eyeshadow to highlight the tear duct and brow bone can really change the whole look and using the Nanshy Tapered Crease Brush is perfect for both, I love this brush.  I have also been using this to blend shadow on the lower lash line, just not for this look.

Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create flawless eye make up, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes, Nanshy, Real Techniques























Let me introduce you to the best eyeliner brush I have ever used in my life!  The Nanshy Precise Bent Eyeliner Brush has changed the way I feel about gel eyeliners as it just makes the application so simple, I used to get so stressed when applying liner but not anymore, Nanshy I commend you!  No matter how good the product, be it liquid or gel I always set my liner with a black powder, just to increase the lasting power.  Real Technique's Accent Brush is perfect for doing so.

As I mentioned at the beginning I used false lashes in this look, now let me explain why.  I do have naturally long lashes so length is never really a problem but the fuller my lashes can look the better.  I do love my volumising mascara's, especially YSL Effet Faux Babydoll Mascara but in my opinion the look of false lashes cannot be achieved from a mascara, do you agree?  The ones I used were the Millie Mackintosh Shoreditch Lashes, my all time favourites.  These come with a little set of tweezers for application too so no other tools are needed, winner!

Do you own any of these brushes, which is your favourite?



*The Nanshy brushes featured in this post are part of the Seven Piece Eye Brush Set and the Sample Size Sigma E25 were both gifted to me for the consideration of review


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I just recently started using eye brushes and holy wow did I see a difference in my eyeshadow! I also noticed it makes it last longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I had the patience and talent to create eye looks such as yours! But alas I do not. I also never use brushes, well I use a Kabuki for my powder but the rest is done with my fingers.

    Georgie xx

    Life in Loafers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of the MAC 217 brush, but I'm now empted to try the Sigma E25 brush.
    www.merrymusing,co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your eye shadow and eyebrows look amazing Gemma! brushes do make such a huge difference when applying makeup, love this look on you :)

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring Nanshy brushes in your post. We're thrilled to hear how much you like the bent eyeliner brush:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well your blending is just perfection! I have the E25 and really like it too. My favourite is still the MAC 217 for blending

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful look and a very comprehensive set of brushes. I am green with envy (I am sure UD do that colour lol) x
    Love Vicky
    http://www.aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't live without my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. My eyeshadow application is so much better since I got that :D

    Will definitely check out some of the other brushes you recommended :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper | An Undomestic Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the effects that these brushes give, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the effect that these brushes give, they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i need a serious makeup brush overhaul, mine are cheap and old *cringe*
    your look here is absolutely beautiful. so pretty x
    carsonsmummy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the real techniques and sigma brushes! So worth it and the look you've done is gorgeous too! There are a couple of brush brands there I will have to check out too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the real techniques and sigma brushes! There are a couple of brands I'll have to check out though! I adore the look you created too :) It looks gorgeous.

    http://www.ellieandbump.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post hun and as my appreciation for your hard work I have nominated you for the Versatile blogger award http://beautyiiao.weebly.com/6/post/2014/04/wow-i-was-given-the-versatile-blogger-award.html please accept and enjoy reading x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk