Beauty - Make Your Own Hair Mask

3:36:00 pm

egg, avocado, argan oil, olive oil,Beauty, how to make your own fresh hair masks, diy beauty, how to make, Haircare, diy haircare, hair, you are what you eat, be good to your hair,

Beauty, how to make your own fresh hair masks, diy beauty, how to make, Haircare, diy haircare, hair, you are what you eat, be good to your hair, avocado, olive oil, argan oil, egg



Since coming to Morocco I have run out of my favourite hair mask, Macadamia Deep Repair Masque,more unfortunate than running out is the fact that it is not available here.  I needed a solution quickly because after one of two weeks of not using my usual mask, I noticed the condition of my hair worsening.  I started researching ingredients that would be helpful for the health of my hair and I decided to make my own hair mask at home.  I wanted to share my experience as this is so cheap to make and you can see at the end of the post what I thought of the results.

Ingredients
1 Ripe Avocado (removed from skin)
1 Egg
10ml Argan Oil
10ml Olive Oil

I chose the ingredients very carefully as I knew I wanted my hair to be softer, shinier, stronger.  The avocado is deeply nourishing and helps to strengthen, soften and increase shine.  It also makes the mask a really cool colour naturally.
Eggs are well known for strengthening the hair and they were even used as shampoo back in the day, I just had to crack one of these into the mixture.
Olive Oil is a well known trick for softening and deeply conditioning the hair so adding a splash of this was a no brainier.  Make sure it's good quality olive oil though, the better the quality the better it will be for your hair.
Moroccan Argan Oil is one of huge most amazing things in the world, I buy mine from the local market for such a good price it's unbelievable.   Also I'd like to mention that the Argan oil I use is 100% pure not the 5% diluted rubbish taking over the beauty world, Moroccan Oil.  This made the hair mask a little but more luxurious with it's high vitamin E content.

All you need to do is mix all the ingredients extremely well together, I used my food processor to make sure there were no lumps and it's ready to use.  Then I applied this onto dry hair all over, concentrating on the ends of my hair, they are considerably drier than the rest of my hair and clipped my hair up so it was out of my face.  I have to admit the smell of this mask is not the best for me but then again I don't like eating avocados because of the smell, maybe next time I'll add some vanilla or something.

You can leave this on for as long as you like, the longer the better in my opinion.  I left this one on for about 4 hours but that was just because I was pottering about doing things, because of the highly moisturising ingredients one hour would be enough if you were in a hurry.
I rinsed of the mask and cleansed and conditioned my hair as normal and was quite shocked by the results, I didn't expect it to work so well.  I left my hair to dry naturally and I could immediately see how shiny the mask had made my hair and to touch the four hour injection of moisture was obvious.

I'm so happy with the results of this mask, especially as I can't get a hold of my favourite, Macadamia Deep Repair Masque, at the moment, I will be applying this mask once a week for the foreseeable future, although I am keen to experiment with other ingredients.

Do you have any great DIY beauty tips or tricks that I should know about, please leave them below in the comments, I'd love to try them out!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I am definitely going to try this. I have always been a fan of DIY face masks so it will be good to try out a hair one too. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love treatments that are made at home and free of additives I shall book mark this and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab diy post hun! I will definitely be making this in my kitchen. Avacado and eggs are amazing for your hair.

    creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought to make my own hair mask, but this looks really easy to follow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great, I need to find some proper argan oil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't beauty product DIY at all. But like you say this looks an easy recipe to follow. Plus you know exactly what you've got in the mix - no hidden nasty ingredients! Argan oil I do love too! Great post. Tracey Snell x
    faceupbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to try this when I let my avocados get over-ripe and I really must. It does look good enough to eat as well as slather on face and hair :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk