Fashion - Personal Style Is Accepting Who You Are

5:00:00 pm


Fashion, Plus size fashion, Yours Clothing, dressing for your shape., how to dress for your shape, which style would flatter my shape the most,
 Boots - Primark £18.00 (Last Summer)

My first experience with Yours Clothing has been a very pleasant one and I think I have now found a new addition to my favourite online shopping destinations, my bank account is in trouble.  The top I am wearing above was just one of my purchases from my first order.  I have a couple of other things which you will see soon in a future post.

The first time I wore this top I was unsure what to wear it with as I don't wear trousers a lot so styling tops is uncertain territory to me.  I decided because of the shape of the top, that a pair of jeggings would be fitted enough to let the top sit nicely and allow my boots to sit over the top.  I have since worn it with my skinny jeans because in all honesty jeggings make me feel less put together, you know what I mean? 

This is definitely one of those tops that look better on, because when I first took it out of the packaging I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but as soon as I put it on I loved it.  The material has a generous stretch to it so hugs the curves I want it to but because of the shape it skims over the ones I would rather disguise. There was a black waist tie to sit at the back, I didn't like the way the top looked when this was tied, so I cut it off.

These frill sleeves are so flattering!  Technically named Angel Sleeves and I now completely understand why, invented in clothes heaven, these are the sleeves I need on every single top I own! The top of my arms is an area I am really conscious of so the fact that these sleeves are not fitted is lovely, it means I can wear short sleeves without feeling the need to re-adjust all day and feel uncomfortable. 

Lets just take a minute to appreciate the dip side mesh panels, these are what turn this simple top into something a little more interesting.  These are also what I think turns it into a piece that can be worn casual or slightly more dressy if you wanted, very versatile.  Sitting just on my hips this cut makes me feel very feminine when they sway from the movement as I walk.

I will definitely be looking at more tops in this style from now on, I love the way they look and make me feel, I wish they had this is white, imagine how that would look with some denim shorts and cute sandles in the summer!

What would you style this top with?

You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. This outfit is gorgeous!! You look really good :)

    Hayley
    www.sparklesandstretchmarks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love that top! It looks like a dress! and I'm pretty sure it would fit my body shape! you look gorgeous! :) xx, Jo.
    http://fairydustinmymind.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about wearing it as a dress at some point with thick black tights just to see how it looks :) thank you sweetie!

      Delete
  3. Oooh you look lovely! It'd be perfect for summer in white, I totally agree :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I'm going to be on the hunt for something similar for sure x

      Delete
  4. Lovely out fit I love the hem line on the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too it's kinda what swayed me :)

      Delete
  5. You look gorgeous!
    www.mybubbaandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully styled and I love your hair. Perfect for this look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet, I thought so too, hair definitely needed to be up xx

      Delete
  7. ooo witawoo! you look gorge! you've lost weight too haven't you? x
    carsonsmummy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jo, if I have it's not out of trying the cakes here are just too good :)

      Hope your well x

      Delete
  8. This is lovely. I love the whole look. Your hair is gorgeous too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollie, that means a lot coming from you, the fashionista that you are, thanks xx

      Delete
  9. You look gorgeous, I love this outfit and you make it look incredible! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That top looks perfect for my body shape - and you look stunning! I'd probably pair it with jeggings and long black boots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh long black boots would be perfect! Xx

      Delete
  11. LOVE that top and just went to buy it, but unfortunately so did everyone else, because it's OOS now. never mind. Looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely I just checked and it's still in stock but only in a 16 (the size I bought it in) thank you for such lovely comments x

      Delete
  12. ...and you're gorgeous! Lovely outfit and perfect make up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely, I want this top in my life xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab it quick it's only available in a size 16 now xx

      Delete
  14. You look great :) love the outfit

    Sophie
    Xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the outfit and make-up! You beautiful!
    www.itsallbee.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk