Beauty - Why Using Make Up Brushes Make A Difference - Base

5:00:00 pm

Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create a flawless base, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,

 I recently changed my profile picture across all my social media platforms to a picture that I was really happy with, due to my make up, a look which was only achievable using the right brushes.  So instead of what I would normally do and detail which products I used,  I wanted to concentrate on the brushes I used instead. Today I want to talk you through the ones I used for my base and next week I go through the ones used for my eye make up.

It is with no doubt that I say using make up brushes dramatically improves the finished result of my make up.  Back in the day before I knew what a blog was, I owned one brush and used it for everything, never washed it and and replaced when it got grubby, I even applied eyeshadow with my fingers.  My make up never looked nice, is it any wonder?  Discovering blogs like Tanya Burr and Em Talks taught me how important it is to use the correct tools when applying make up, in order to get that flawless finish that us ladies crave.  It is impossible to get the best results without the correct tools, you wouldn't expect a chef to make a five star meal using a microwave, without the right equipment the food could not be its best, same goes for make up.

Nanshy Brushes, EcoTools Make Up Brushes, Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create a flawless base, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,
EcoTools are available at Beauty Chamber, Nanshy are available at a number of online retailers detailed on the  Official Nanshy Website

Creating the a flawless base is crucial in encouraging the rest of your make up to look the best that it can.  In this photograph I used primer, concealer, foundation and a cream blush for my base.  Crown Brush's Deluxe Oval Foundation Brush was my choice to sweep the primer over my whole face, this brush works well as the primer doesn't soak into the taklon bristles.  For foundation I use a variety of three tools starting with the Nanshy Flat Top Buffer Brush.  I use this to roughly apply foundation onto my skin then use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to really work it in making sure it is completely blended.  Sometimes using brushes with cream or liquid foundations you can get lines where the bristles have been.  To eradicate these unwanted lines, I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge,  not a brush but an essential tool in my eyes.  This is the best sponge I have ever used, by lightly tapping the damp sponge all over the face it gives the face a really natural finish and avoids a cakey look.

Crown Brushes, Perfectly Pink,Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create a flawless base, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,
Crown Brushes are available on the Official Crown Brush Website
Concealer is my best friend but only if used correctly,  less is more and by applying after foundation you will only apply to the areas that really need the extra coverage.  The trick to keeping your concealer as natural looking as possible is blending, without removing the foundation underneath. To apply the concealer to my under eye and around my nose I use the Ecotools Deluxe Concealer Brush, its a larger concealer brush and is great for these areas, but not the best for blending.  I use the Crown Brush Deluxe Round Angled Stippler to blend the concealer in, its really fluffy and does the job effortlessly.   For blemishes I find the Real Techniques Detailer Brush is perfect, its tiny so you can be really precise with it.

Real Techniques, Sam Chapman, Pixiwoo,Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create a flawless base, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,


































The Real Techniques Stippling Brush is what I used to apply my cream blush, the is one of my favourite brushes ever.  It is so easy to build up a natural colour using a tapping motion packing the colour onto your skin rather than buffing or sweeping.  Having combination skin I feel the need to set my cream blushes with a powder in a similar shade, the Real Techniques Blush Brush gives me the perfect finish every single time, I love it.  Contouring and highlighting have become an everyday step in my make up routine, finding brushes to make the results consistent has been a mission but I have found the perfect duo.  My bronzer contour brush is Crown Brush's Angled Blush Brush, being in the angled shape its so easy to find the hollows of my cheeks, highlighting is made easy with the Real Techniques Contour Brush.  Remember brushes can be used for anything not just what they are branded as.

Real Techniques Brushes, Sam Chapman, Pixiwoo,Beauty, correct tools, daily make up brushes, how to create a flawless base, make up brush collection, using make up brushes, why do I need make up brushes,


































Finishing with powder is a must for me as it keeps the the oil on my t-zone at bay all day long.  I use the EcoTools Powder Brush, its a great because its big but not too big so you can set around the eyes, by slightly manipulating the bristles with your fingers.  When doing my eyes I often get a little bit of fall out from eyeshadow or powder when I'm doing my brows.  The Crown Brush Deluxe Fan Brush is so handy just to sweep these mistakes away.  It saves so much time because it doesn't remove foundation and concealer at the same time, so no need for touch ups.

Below I have included a video from the House of Fraser YouTube channel which shows a similar way to how I use my brushes to create the perfect flawless base.  As there are not  specific brushes mentioned you can use your imagination and use your favourites to get the desired effect.



Thirteen brushes a day, just on my face, would you say this was normal or excessive?  Make sure you look out for Why Using Make Up Brushes Make a Difference next week when I'll be talking eyes.



*The Nanshy Flat Top Buffer brush and Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge featured in this post was gifted to me for the consideration of review

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I definitely agree that the right brushes can make a huge difference to how your make-up looks! I don't use quite this many as I double a lot of my brushes up :)
    The Crown Brushes look lovely!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree :) I might try doubling some of mine up but always worry with things like blush and powder, I always picture a shimmery face if I use the same brush xx they are lovely tbf I really want to build my collection x

      Delete
  2. wow that's a lot of brushes! haha
    It may be excessive for some but whatever works for you! It's good that you found great tools to work with :)


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is huh, exactly it works for me so I shouldn't care what anyone else says :)

      Delete
  3. must admit I'm a bot of an old fart when it comes to brushes and only have a few good quality shaow brushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha old fart, this made me giggle :) I'd definitely recommend a good quality face kit it will make all the difference :) look out for my post similar to this next week but all about eyes :)

      Delete
  4. I have learned this, that the brushes you use are so important! makes all the difference! The things that blogging has taught me ha.

    I'm really loving all of your posts recently, I'm glad that you're back on the blogging scene :) love the buttons in your pictures too, such a cute touch. Hope you're well and having a lovely time in sunnier places! x

    www.lolaandbehold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just loved this comment your opinion is so important to me so thank you! Your so right if it wasn't for blogging I wouldn't own these brushes, I'm glad you like the buttons they were a little touch to make my photos more personalised to my blog :)

      I'm having a lovely time here but definitely nearly time to come home :)

      Delete
  5. Great post and you look beautiful
    thepowderednose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! I LOVE your blog and am so happy your reading mine too x

      Delete
  6. This is a fabulous post! I love make up brushes and I got a few bargain ones in Tesco meant to be £8 reduced to £1.83, I got a powder brush and angled blush brush. I think I will have a look at the Crown Brushes though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Omg how amazing is that, I would have bought them all :) the crown brushes are stunning I really want to grow my collection xx

      Delete
  7. Until I began blogging, I had no idea about these things either. I have invested in a few brushes, but have yet to sit down and spend some time getting to practice. I shall get there. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend just gradually working them into your routine it will come more naturally then :) thank you xx

      Delete
  8. I've just been sent a make up brush set with about 5 brushes I haven't got a clue to use haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohhh which ones chick, I'm sure you will get the hand of it :)

      Delete
  9. I'm so bad at using make up brushes but I think i should as it makes make up look so much better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start basic, maybe using brushes for your foundation to start with you will soon get the hang of it x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk