Fashion - One is never Overdressed or Underdressed with a Little Black Dress

2:30:00 pm

Fashion, Finding the perfect Little Black Dress for Your Body Shape, little black dress, Maxi Dress, NEW LOOK, The Perfect Tokyo Doll Black and Gold Dress, Tokyo Doll,

Fashion, Finding the perfect Little Black Dress for Your Body Shape, little black dress, Maxi Dress, NEW LOOK, The Perfect Tokyo Doll Black and Gold Dress, Tokyo Doll,



All that talk of finding the perfect little black dress for your shape wasn't for nothing you know, It has taken a lot of dresses for me to decide which suit me best, this outfit was one from along the quest, this girls is, The Perfect Maxi Dress.

I bought this way back in September 2013 and it actually became my Birthday dress but worn more recently on my visit to the Sofitel Essouira, Morocco.  I have only worn it twice and each time I have felt amazing wearing it,  Sexy, Feminine and understated.  It's from the Tokyo Doll range available at New Lookand is now in the sale so you can snap it up for half the price I did.

I bought this in a size 16 as the range does not exceed this but luckily it fits me well and I think the 18 would have been too big around the upper body.  Its quite fitted around the bust, still with plenty room to move around comfortably, I didn't feel restricted at all.  I like that the sleaves are the main feature of this dress its very glamourous but in a sophisticated way.  When I wore it this time I chose a belt, also from New Look to pull me in at the waist slightly but the dress is fitted so a belt is not essential.  The underskirt is the only thing I am not a massive fan of on this dress, it is extremely short and does not stay put, its so floaty It just flys up at any given opportunity.  I wear shapewear with this dress which sits lower than the underskirt so I don't experience any embarrassing flashes.  I do love that it is shorter than the see through outer skirt, I love that I give the illussion of having my legs on show whilst still having that protective layer to cover my upper thighs.  The length is perfect to show off my ankles, with my ankles being on show and my legs being politely exposed it definitley creates the illusion of longer legs, which is always flattering.

I mentioned Shapewear above, until I get myself to a gym for some much needed toning up, this will be my best friend.  The shapewear I chose to wear a full body slip that allows me to wear my own bra, it works perfectly to create flatter, bum, tum and thighs, all the areas that could do with a bit of toning.  I wore my Freya Deco Moulded Plunge Bra set as it is very simple and gave me the smooth silhoette that I needed when wearing this dress and the knickers create no visable panty line.

This is one of my favourite outfits for a special occassion so will definitley be looking at more dresses in this style, I think they are so flattering.

More photographs of this outfit are available on my Facebook Page Button's Blog, so feel free to have a look at them :)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. You look absolutely STUNNING babe, so gorgeous.
    Love the dress, I need this in my wardrobe/life xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking lovely as usual princess xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is gorgeous! And you look great!

    I think a little black dress is most definietly needed in a wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Look Gorgeous Gem :) <3

    Lucie xx

    Fatbeautyx // Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful and the dress is perfect for you! I really like the choice of dress, the little embellishments make it really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great :) lovely dress!

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gold sleeve bits, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your so pretty! :) that dress is lovely too :)

    Yazmin xx

    www.yazzyscorner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk