Love - It's Okay to be Single on Valentine's Day

5:16:00 pm

Its okay to be single on Valentines Day, Valentines Day, Single and Fabulous, Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw Quotes

Its okay to be single on Valentines Day, Valentines Day, Single and Fabulous, Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw Quotes



So this year is my first single Valentine's Day in, god, oh dear. Thinking about it I have never been single on Valentine's Day.

You would think I would be sitting in a padded room listening to all of the sad love songs but no I'm not I'm perfectly okay.  In fact I'm more than okay, it's okay to be single on Valentines Day.   We don't need to feel all of the feels to be loved, I'm gonna show myself some love instead.

I think the only thing I will miss is heart shaped fried eggs in the morning, who am I kidding i was the only one in any relationship to realise there was such a thing as heart shaped egg cutters, plus I don't like fried eggs I like scrambled FYI.

I'm actually enjoying being single on Valentine's Day, I can just go about my day as normal not having to worry about being overly affectionate and about what gifts to buy my un deserving other half.

Last Valentines day was pretty 'meh' so anything, yes even being single, would be an improvement.  I suppose that's what happens when you are still in a relationship when clearly most of the 'feels' have since long flew away.

I'm gonna, paint my toes, put  face mask on, eat some heart shaped chicken nuggets (lidl if your wondering) and cherry aid (pretending its love potion of course), snuggle up with my dog and probably watch whatever is on E4.

What are you doing to celebrate Valentine's Day?

 p.s I'm not a complete spoiled sport I do like cute relationshipy Valentine's Ideas, that Bewildered Bug wrote the most amazing post about.  But this year I don't have a nice man to write me 'open when' letters, not that they really exist anyway.

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I think that it's completely fine to be single on Valentine's day. It just becomes any other day and you just carry on with life as you would normally. Likewise, if you're in a relationship, it's a great way to make an extra special effort in this busy modern day and age.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree :) I think it's the little things that count not materialistic, like breakfast in bed, cute texts just making time for each other in our busy lives x

      Delete
  2. The boys out tonight so I'm drinking wine, eating chocolate and reading blogs.. tbh I quite like the peace and quiet aha!

    http://thegoodowl.blogspot.co.uk/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a perfectly peaceful night in to me x

      Delete
  3. My partner is away on a business trip so I am happily cooking good food for myself, reading blogs, scheduling posts on mine, I'll watch a few rom coms .... so much to do and I don't have to go out in this weather! That's such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame he is away but you sound like your gonna have a lovely night none the less :)

      Delete
  4. Best line in this post... Gifts for the undeserving other half. ;-)
    Im not single but valentines is not a favourite day for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's so true :) I think it's like marmite, you either love it or hate it x

      Delete
  5. Hey Gemma,

    Thanks for posting, sounds like a perfect night in to us!

    The lovely ladies at Oqibo HQ wanted to do something different this year, to show ourselves some loving, not just for a day either! So we began a little project called a love letter to my body

    http://www.happyremarkableyou.com/blog/2014/2/13/love-letters-to-my-body

    If you're not already doing it, we'd love to have you along with us for the journey and read what yours would say.

    Have a great weekend,
    N x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have a look at this, sounds interesting :)

      Xx

      Delete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Glad someone agrees it can be fun, and perfectly fine being single on v.day.
    Hope you had a good day pampering yourself.
    I'm single this year, I was at university then spent the night with my mum, the weather is awful at the moment so I wouldn't have wanted to go out anyway.
    The Life of Leeshastarr | Enter my MAC cosmetics giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is :)

      I had a lovely day thank you, I also spent the evening with my mum

      #allthesingleladies
      X

      Delete
  7. Aw thank you for mentioning my post! I had a lot of fun looking for those ideas! Well my hubby is on his way to Canada today and I have the flu so no Valentine's Day for me till March when we can manage to see each other! Hope you enjoyed your day!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) my goodness that's a while away huh, lovely that you are going to try and fit something in when he gets back :) thank you lovely x

      Delete
  8. I pampered myself too :) Hope you had a good one too :)x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was lovely thanks, feel fresh as a daisy today :) hope you enjoyed your pamper x

    ReplyDelete
  10. of course it's ok. I had a lot of fun.
    sweet words :D

    we can follow each other ;)

    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/2014/02/kul-streets.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never spent valentines day with my hubby, this year I had a lazy day and watched Disney films with my daughter x

    Small giveaway on my blog

    staceyshiddenbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any reason in particular? Disney films with your daughter sound like one of the best ways to spend it though x

      Delete
  12. heart shaped nuggets sounds amazing and I want some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought exactly the same when I seen them x

      Delete
  13. This is an awesome post that is so true. I think far too often us girls feel like we need someone. But we are perfect and strong just as who we are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk