Beauty - MUA Primer Review

3:16:00 pm


Using a primer is something I have only started doing this year, and there is not doubt that with my oily skin they provide a perfect base for applying my make-up and keep it in place all day long.
Since I have been using them I have tryed out a number of different primers from different brands  with different price ranges.  From trying these I have now found my favourite primer ever.
 
This will be a series of four reviews and a final comparison post.
 
The first primer I ever tryed was MUA's Primer, I bought it when I first came across the brand early this year.  I had read on twitter that few girls had tryed it and it worked well so thought I would give it a go. 
 
MUA Professional Primer £4 - Buy yours Here
 
 
The packaging is nice, I prefer simple packaging on make up and this glossy squeezable tube is great.  Being a squeezy tube also means you can get every single last drop out.  One thing about the packaging that caused a wee bit of a mess was, the top with the little hole where they product comes out popped out the first time I used it, so I ended up with product all over me and the floor.  I didnt let this deter me and just learned that I had to squeeze gently when I used it.
 
The primer itself is runny in comparison to other ones I have used which meant you only need a small amount each time. I applied with my fingers as I found with this primer it was the best way to apply.  It smells fresh with a slight scent of cucumber which is refreshing to apply.  The liquid is white but once on the skin is transparent so does not compromise your finished look.
 
I applied the primer after allowing my moisturiser to settle and once applied it took a few moments to dry.  I then apply my make up as normal.  This tended to keep my oily skin at bay for around 2 hours before I needed to touch up with a powder to minimise shine on my t-zone.
 
All in all this primer does what it should and keeps your make up in place, just not for as long as I would like.  I think this primer would work better with dry skin types as with my oily skin it just doesnt give me the flawless matte finish for long enough.
 
This was a great primer to try as my first one as it set the bar of what I expected from a primer and helped me realise what Id like from the next one , which helped a lot when I was looking for a new one as unfortunately I didnt repurchase this one.
 
Did Mua's Primer work well with your skin, Id love to know.
 
Lots of Love
 
Gem
x
 
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I never tried MUA products but that is about to change, thank u for sharing I will def purchase it in my next order xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that is soo excitng, If you have dry skin then yes this primer should suit your skin lovely :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post, I have an oily t-zone so a primer like this would not work for me :) xo

    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem sweet :) Its always good to know about the traits of a product before you purchase it x

      Delete
  3. I seem to be obsessed with primers at the moment. I think I will give this one a miss though. great review. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunni, me too I think a good primer can make all the difference to your make up xx

      Delete
  4. I love MUA products but this is one that just didnt do it for me. I thought it just felt like a thin cheap moisturiser, and seeing as ones by Rimmel etc are in the same price range I probably wouldnt buy it again. I was wondering if I got a dodgy one with it being runny but it seems yours is the same and thats how its supposed to be. I've got nothing bad to say about most of their other makeup though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love MUA products but as you can tell from the review this was not one of my favourites. Thats what I thought if I can get one for the same kind of price what is the point in buying one that doesnt do its job. Just didnt live up to the standards of other Mua products I have tryed and loved x Thanks for the comment lovely x

      Delete
  5. I wasn't keen on the MUA primer, the NO17 one is pretty decent for not much more :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I never thought about NO17 :) Thanks for the comment hunni x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk