My MAC Make Up Application

5:29:00 pm


Having my make up done at a counter is something I have always wanted to do but never had the time for a full face application just colour matching really, so coming up to my birthday it was a fantasic opertunity to set aside the time. 
 
Adam decided he would pay for this as a present so that was lovely and the perfect present for me. To book it was £30 which is an hour time slot and redeemable on products after your application which I feel is completely reasonable as I was going to spend at least that amount on products.
 
When I arrived at the Mac counter I let one of the girls know I had an appointment and she passed me on to another girl who seated me infront of the mirror.  This when the horror began.  To cut a long story short she decided which products she was using, didnt explain anything about why she had chosen certain shades and colours, did not at any point ask what skin type I am basically did not speak through the whole thing, she made me feel so akward and intimidated and at times I didnt even want to speak. I just wanted to get up and walk away.  When she eventually finished after only 40 minutes she spoke for the first time, only to tell me her next appointment was here early and she was finished.  No list of products she had used, no assistance in finding the products I wanted to purchase, thank goodness their was a lovely girl to help me choose the shade of foundation I needed as the girl who applied it ''forgot'' which shade she used.
 
Once I bought my products I wanted I left feeling totally dissapointed. 
I love the Mac products I have tryed and will continue to buy them but definately not from that counter.  What I cant quite get my head around is, this girl has my dream job and really could not be bothered at all or act more unenthusiastic.
 
The worst bit about this was I looked rediculous and took no make up with me to remove and reapply myself so I had to walk about looking like a drag queen all day, okay I may be being dramatic but I was just so dissapointed.  All in all the base okay but not blended properly under my nose or along the jawline.  My eyes were rediculous colour wise and quality although I did like the eyeliner she used it was like a dark brown with gold shimmer, any ideas what it was?  My lips had been lined to big, and looked like big huge fish lips  the colour was nice I think it was Diva, after doing some swatching afterwards.
 
 
 

 
 

How do you find Make Up Counters? Had any good or bad experiences let me know in the comments below please, put my mind at rest that not every counter is the same.
 
Sorry for this being a bit if a rant but when you look forward to something so much and for it to be such a dissapoinment is dissheartening, so I hope you can understand why I have written this post.  I would reccomend Mac products to the world, I just dont rate the service I recieved.

Since having this terrible experience I contacted Mac Customer services and the service I have recieved from them has been a delight.  They were genuinly concerned that I was so dissapointed and investigated my complaint fully.  After a few short emails and a phonecall I have been refunded the price of the products I bought on the day which adds up to £59.00 and a complimentary make up lesson at the same counter, so this is a very satisfactory level of compensation shame it will never change my opinion of the counter.
 
Lots of Love
 
Gemma
xXx

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Loving the blog, Gemma! Always disappointed at make-up counters any time I've had trials done for weddings etc. Always left feeling likw I could have done a better job myself. Mairi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Mairi (would love to know your second name and how you heard about my blog)
      Thats exactly what I felt like hun, honestly I genuinly wanted to scrub it off and start again x

      Delete
  2. Really sorry to hear you had such a bad expeariance so happy you got your money back. I got my makeup done at mac for my 16th and it was amazing we talked the whole time and at the end she did me a face chart and helped me get my products i was there for like 2 hours it was amazing. i hope next time its alot better for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your experience sounds like what i expected, maybe my hopes and expectations were too high..

      Thanks babe

      xx

      Delete
  3. shame u had so bed experience hun, i never had make up by Mac, dont really want now to be hones. hate ignorant ppl ....

    http://babyemilycloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was a shame because their products are amazing!

      I would reccomend their products to everyone i know, just not the counter experience where I was.

      xx

      Delete

  4. I'm glad you got something back from MAC, that sounds horrible! I actually have a MAC store near me and I tried an eye look there, the make up artist there was lovely but some of the others working there were horribly rude! I got ignored by the ladies at Estée Lauder as well, apparently they didn't want to serve a 17 year old girl! Sigh.
    That lip colour really suits you though, it looks great!
    Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats shameful of Estee Lauder tbh:( Iv always recieved amazing service from the ladies at my local counter, and because of you age thats disgusting.

      Thanks hunni, I did like the colour and have found an amazing dupe (Last Monday's post) xx

      Delete
  5. I've heard so many mixed reviews of the MAC make overs that I don't think I would ever do one, the main complaint seems to be that the MUA's are cold and rude. I think your makeup looks nice, but not together if you know what I mean? You really suit the lipstick :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was definately those two things hunni, yhh I know exactly what you mean, it was like everything was half done.
      Thanks hunni, I have since invested in an amazing dupe x

      Delete
  6. Ahh thats a shame I know how much you was looking forward to it aswell atleast u got all that money back although I would feel crappy about going back to the same counter.

    The counter I go to the girls are generally very nice but still havent found the time to book a slot tbh this has put me off slightly =[

    The amount u mentioned was that after knocking the £30 off u spent to book the app or seperate amount?

    Hope you have a better experience this time

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have replied to you on twitter hunni xxx

      Delete
  7. How awful! I also have had bad experiences - i used to work in Debenhams and to be honest none of the girls on counters were properly trained - just chucked in at the deep end!
    D x - daisymaysblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really god i thought they were all fully qualified, haha how naive of me,

      xx

      Delete
  8. Oh my god this sounds so awful! I would complain!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why I complained babe, glad I got my money back as some kind of compensation for what I experienced.xx

      Delete
  9. My sister got colour matched at a mac counter last week, the girl dabbed a bit on her cheek and marched her over to the counter straight away. Obviously you think they know what they are doing so she bought it and left. When she put it on herself it was totally the wrong colour and she has been rematches 3shades darker! Luckily I made her phone up too and they are sending the right colour in the post free and told her to keep the pale one (so I have acquired that one!) terrible service at the counters but at least customer service are good! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yhhh thats what I found too, terrible at the counters but great over the phone.

      Im going to try out another Mac counter soon though

      x

      Delete
  10. Which counter did you goto Birmingham Bullring? The girls are vile in there. There's a MAC store on Corporation St in Birmingham which is better.

    Wolverhampton girls in House of Fraser are much better..I only went in to get rematched for some foundation and she done my whole face makeup beautifully! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was horrendous hunni, Im going to try the one in House of Fraser next time, Iv heard great things about them. Thanks for having a read hunni, really appriciate it <3

      Delete
  11. adams such a cutie lol :)

    I can't believe that you were treated like that after you had spent £30 on the '1 hour' slot.
    You could have bought 2 lipsticks for that ! I've never had my make up done and I would love to, don't think ill be going to mac though.

    at least you got your money back and know not to let that women near you again.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember you telling me about this on twitter the other day - I'm so sorry you had such a rubbish person, it completely alters the experience :/ As you know , my MAC makeup lesson was great, she was a really skilled MUA, but clearly some are rubbish! I actually had my makeup done at Dior the other day and it was so horrendous - I was having my picture taken for an event and I was so embarrassed, she did such a horrific job, the eye shadow wasn't blended properly same as the foundation, which was too dark for me... my skin looked really cakey... I shan't be going back :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is horrendous customer service. I had a similar experience at YSL, but not as bad as yours. I think you look gorgeous in the pic, but as you say, the eyes are all wrong and look odd without any darker shade in the crease. Glad you got your money back! xo

    creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk