Beauty - July 2012 Glossy Box Review

3:03:00 pm

Yesterday I received July's Glossy Box and to be honest out of the three boxes I have recieved it looked the best, every product at first glance looked amazing.
  Unfortunately the delight was short lived as I started to unpack the box and investigate the products more it turned out 3 products did not match up to my beauty profile making them useless to me.
July 2012 Glossy Box Review

 

 
In the Box

 
Jelly Pong Pong Irish Cream Pavlova Lip Frosting
'A multifunctional cream gloss.'
I was delighted to see this full size product in my box as the packaging looked sweet and trying it out on my lips for the first time was a treat, it smelled good enough to have a wee taste. It is a beautiful pink shade and adds just a hint of colour to lips, you can also use on your cheeks for a lit from within glow, although as it is very pink I don't think I would use on my cheeks.

Monu Golden Glow

'This moisturising treatment for the face and body provides a safe, natural looking tan in just 3-5 hours.'
Before I received this product I had never heard of the brand Monu before so I decided to find out what other people thought.  After reading some bloggers reviews on the Monu brand I am quite excited about this tan.  As the bottle is just a sample size I will be using this on my face only along with my normal  tan for my body. The only thing I am not overly keen on is the smell, it is very very floral but I'm hoping this will wear off after a while.

Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference
Skin Balancing Skincare for Combination Skin

 'Skin Balancing line works to keep skin looking revitalised and healthy'
These samples were a bonus item in my box this month which would have been fabulous if they were targeted for my oily skin type.  Unfortunately they are for combination skin so are completely wasted to me.  This is just one example of the beauty profile not being used at all. 

Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference
Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15

'This lightweight, oil free lotion helps protect skin fro UVA/UVB rays and pollution as it provides hydration all day long'
This is just a larger sample size of one of the samples above so therefor another wasted sample.  Although this sounds like it may be okay on my skin as the range is targetted at combination skin I will not be trying it because the risk of upsetting my skin is too high.

Clynol Salon Exclusive Enrich Colour Shampoo

 
'A gentle shampoo with liquid jewel extract and UV filters to protect rich tones from fading'
I have seen this brand many times in salons so it is a very well known brand but not one I have ever lusted after.  I love the smell of this shampoo it smells so sweet and fresh I just hope the smell lingers when I have washed my hair, I would have loved a sample of the conditioner as I'm a weirdo and like to have matching products.
 
HD Brows Eye and Brow Palette
 

'Give your eyes and brows beauty that lasts with this all-in-one compact palette'
When I opened my box and seen this product I might have screamed a little, I have wanted this for so long its unbelievable, I even phoned my boyfriend to tell him I had got it.  So when I was reading the back of the box and seen the words ''Vamp - For Dark Hair'' I could have cried!  Glossy Box had sent me the wrong shade of palette. This was the most disappointing thing that could have happened, it was like someone giving me a present with a warning on the top DO NOT USE.  I have found a lovely lady to swap with me as she recieved the palette better suited to myself 'bombshell' and she is better suited to 'vamp' so all is not lost. If this had been the correct shade I would have been delighted with my box but again it was just more proof that the beauty profile is not being used.
 
So I have now recieved my 3 Glossy Boxes and reached the end of my 3 month Subscription and I have came to the decision not to renew my subscription due to the following reasons:
  • The Beauty Profile you fill in at the start of your subscription is ignored meaning boxes are not specific to you.
  •  
  • When I did contact the customer service team the reply I got was completely unsatisfactory
So with that I am on the hunt for a new Beauty Box subscription any suggestions?

Love

Gem

xxx

 
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. the HD brow palette looks amazing. I am subscribing to Glossy box too. Only my third box coming so I am still undecided on whether to keep it or not. Guess will see what comes in my box this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will be amazing when i recieve my swap :) I have now unsubscribed and looking for a new box to get, have you heard of any good ones? x

      Delete
  2. I just ordered my glossy box I'm praaaaying for the HD Brow kit! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed you get the HD Brows palette :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I hate when beauty subscriptions don't pay attention to the profile that they have you fill out, always a bummer.

    Visiting from the BBU Blog Hop, happy to be your newest follower <3

    Stop by and check out my blog if you get the chance.

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proper bummer,lol

      Thanks hunni, I now follow your blog :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog through BBU Blog Hop! I adore it :)

    Following...follow back ?
    http://thirteenfashionblog.blogspot.com

    xoxo,
    Kendall & Tiana
    THIRTEEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      I have followed back yes..x

      Delete
  5. I had the HD Brows Palette, although they got the right shade for me and skin type for the product thankfully! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you hunni, sometimes glossybox do the right thing. xx

      Delete
  6. Great Blog, love the HD brow palette :)
    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I cant wait to recieve my shade and try it out x

      Delete
  7. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog :) :)
    I just got my glossybox today too, I need to make a post about it!

    I'm following you back!
    xo MADDY | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :)
      Ill look forward to your post, thanks hunni :)

      xx

      Delete
  8. The Monu tanner is the best I think I've ever tried! It developed so quickly no streaks. Perfect.
    Visiting from BBU Blog Hop and loving your blog.
    nikkiloub@blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thats exciting, will be using that very soon :)
      Thank you I have now followed back x

      Delete
  9. Hey Gemma

    Ive never been sold on the beauty box phenomenon but i do love the Aamarya box for its unusual products and i adore latest in beauty because you buy the ones you want, when you want.

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound on latest in beauty, choosing your own would mean no dud products, thanks sweet xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really love getting comments from my readers and aim to reply within 24 hours. If you would like an instant reply please tweet me @gemmabutton or email me at buttonblogger@yahoo.co.uk